Anchor Stores

ujr1867
Community Member
Anchor stores - when do they make sense?

According to Ebay - An anchor store is right for you if you are selling over 500 items or $5000 in total sales per month and you want maximum visibility. We meet the sales criteria, but running the numbers, this doesn't make any sense.

Extra $250 per month cost to save $0.02 per item on listing fees. So you'd have to list over 12500 items for this to translate into a cost savings. We are 1600 items, so this would mean a substantial increase to our monthly fees. I'd have to list 12501 items just to save two cents.

From what I see, this has no impact on final value fees.

And since the new look of ebay.ca and ebay.com with their wonderful Christmas themes and all, I see no stores on the main page, no banners, not even a stores tab. Even searching the site, I can't find links to the store listings.

So, what exposure, if any, would you get from being an anchor store? Where does your banner show up? Do anchor stores have greater visibility then premium stores? Do they rate higher in best match?

Why still offer an Anchor store option, is there is only one core search and no banners and no stores tab? Is this solely for the benefit of sellers with 12501+ listings or am I missing something?
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Anchor Stores

ujr1867
Community Member
Ok - Found the stores main page. http://stores.ebay.com/

Certainly not easy to find with the new look of Ebay.

Not even quite sure how I got there.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Anchor Stores

Anchor store does not increase exposure. The only and only advantage is more attractive listing fees if you have over 12000 fixed price items / month. That can be 3000 7-day items or 12000 30-day ones.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Anchor Stores

EBay is not your friend : eBay is your landlord.

Explains a lot, really.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Anchor Stores

We looked into this as well.

It only makes sense with a very high # of listings.

The premium store, however, is a good deal if you list at least 135 items.

Bernie
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Anchor Stores

Bernie, isn't it about 220 listings before it makes sense to upgrade from basic to premium? Maybe I'm missing something..

PJ
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Anchor Stores

ujr1867
Community Member
Thanks for the replies. Apparently I wasn't missing anything.

Will revisit this when I have 12501 items to list.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Anchor Stores

PJ,

... um... I figured 5 cent listings instead of 35 cents; makes for a 30 cent difference. The difference in price between a basic and a premium store is $40. Divide that by 30 cents and voila, unless I am missing something here.

Bernie
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Anchor Stores

Hi Bernie

hmmm....well this is how I figured it out....

Premium store 49.95 Basic store 15.95...

Premium fixed price fee 5 cents
Basic - 20 cents

$34 divided by .15 = 226
:-)

LINK
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Anchor Stores

You are correct, PJ. I missed the part when fees went from 35 to 20 cents I guess. Also, basic store is $14.95 as you mention and not $9.95.

Bernie
Message 10 of 10
latest reply