Annette Funicello R.I.P.

Actress Annette Funicello has died at the age of 70.

The former Mickey Mouse Club star, who became a national treasure in America thanks to a string of 1960s cult beach movies, including Beach Blanket Bingo and Muscle Beach Party, passed away at a Bakersfield, California hospital.

Funicello battled multiple sclerosis during her final years and reports suggest she slipped into a coma and never regained consciousness.

The actress went public with her condition 20 years ago. Multiple sclerosis robbed her of her ability to walk and talk.

http://jam.canoe.ca/Movies/2013/04/08/20721801-wenn-story.html

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Annette Funicello R.I.P.

I just heard this on the news, and knew it would already be posted here.

When I was a little girl, I so wanted to 'be Annette', not just 'be like Annette'.   I watched her, collected her books, and marveled at her absolute beauty and wholesome class.  

She never disappointed, and I missed her when she slipped out of the limelight and into private life.

RIP beautiful Mouseketeer.

Beware of kittens with red bows, bullies in bandannas, and whining broken records.

€ Lucifleur

~Lucifleur
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Annette Funicello R.I.P.

R. I. P. Annette Funicello

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Annette Funicello R.I.P.

The lady had class her whole life. Thanks for the memories.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Annette Funicello R.I.P.

Her husband should also be applauded for his loving devotion and eternal optimism as her condition improving and a cure being found. Annette displayed tremendous courage and allowed 60 minutes to do a broadcast of her in her less than glamorous condition to show the horror behind MS and the need for further research in finding a cure. An awesome and beautiful spirit to her last day!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply