Another Paypal service - watch out

rd1000
Community Member
Well I see Paypal has offered a new money back program. If you send money for goods not bought in auction, you can purchase a satisfaction guaranteed option. I sent $213.00 and could buy the protection for $12.00. You just know their "guarantee" will mean helping themselves to your account. I guess the chargeback business has now become profitable for Paypal.

It goes like this:

Money Back Guarantee

PayPal's Money Back Guarantee ensures that you will be satisfied with your purchase of physical goods (U.S. buyers only). If you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may file a reimbursement request with PayPal and receive your money back (not including Guarantee fees). Common reasons for reimbursement include:

* If you do not receive your purchase
* If your purchase is defective or different from its description
* If you would like to return your purchase

To collect a Guarantee reimbursement, you must file a reimbursement request within 30 days of payment and return the good, if it has been received. This Guarantee does not protect against goods that are lost or damaged in transit. Sellers often offer shipping insurance to protect against this possibility.
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I know one thing I only accept Paypal through Ebay auctions and not through my website store.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

How can they legally do that without having the seller offer that policy?

I don't get it.

John
Message 3 of 3
latest reply