Another eBay glitch....

Attention CANADIAN and INTERNATIONAL buyers: Please request a final invoice when you are ready to pay - DO NOT use the automatic checkout as shipping rates are not being displayed correctly. Ebay is currently attempting to rectify this problem.

This was posted in a Canadian eBay store.
Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Another eBay glitch....

orbitdrop.ont_01
Community Member
I got bit on this one a few days ago. Shipping rate calculated was $13 but should have been $28.
Message 2 of 29
latest reply

Another eBay glitch....

Ouch!! What did you do about it? Had the buyer already paid the $13? It must be difficult to collect the difference after the fact.
Message 3 of 29
latest reply

Another eBay glitch....

katiusciav
Community Member
here i go again...email ebay and ask for a refund...
Kat
Message 4 of 29
latest reply

Another eBay glitch....

tea_past_times
Community Member
In the last week, Ebay's system has charged a customer of mine, 75 cents for shipping instead of $8.75, screwed up the photos on 20 of my listings, and this morning, my current account balance reads roughly double what it should. Spent 40 minutes on hold on the phone, they said(about the account balance thing)"This is a known system issue, it has happened before, it's a computer bug of some kind. Don't worry, no one has been charged too much, it will get corrected as soon as possible" I said, "Well, I've reported it, and if any amount other than the correct one gets charged to my account, I will charge the amount back." Should be interesting. Anyone else got the "my account balance displays incorrectly bug?? I think it's obvious by now that some sort of major hack in Ebay's system has occured and they are not telling us. But something that affects photos, shipping and account balances all at once, sounds like more than a bug, it sounds like we may soon be heading to a large systems failure. Here we wait in the dark..... To list or not to list.... That is the question. When the live help is jammed up 40 minutes plus, it must mean an awful lot of other people are contacting support over this too, same with the phones... a 40 minute wait. I wonder when they will tell us what is wrong, or will the Ebay website just go offline suddenly??
Message 5 of 29
latest reply

Another eBay glitch....

tea_past_times
Community Member
Not that it will help.... But PINKS... are you out there...what do you say about all the Ebay glitches this week..Hello..some advice...reassurance...Hello...Pinks??
Message 6 of 29
latest reply

Another eBay glitch....

tea_past_times
Community Member
Maybe I could just call CTV news and ask them to add a small segment to the evening news......??
Message 7 of 29
latest reply

Another eBay glitch....

tea_past_times
Community Member
Warning people that the Ebay website is majorly screwed right now and should be avoided till further notice!!
Message 8 of 29
latest reply

Another eBay glitch....

They have still not responded to the question I asked about my listing not showing up under keyword searches.
As for the account balance thing, I noticed that happening quite awhile ago. It will show the wrong amount for awhile and then will show the proper amount (I hope) the next time I log in to My eBay. I told them it doesn't give me a lot of confidence in the system. They told me too that it was a known bug that they were working on and to be assured that the correct balance will be credited to my account.
They FINALLY did fix the problem I had for weeks with bids not showing in My eBay. I had to click on View Seller's other items to see if I had any bids. That was a major pain!
Message 9 of 29
latest reply

Another eBay glitch....

The account balance problem has been an intermittent issue for a few months now. No rush.
Message 10 of 29
latest reply

Another eBay glitch....

orbitdrop.ont_01
Community Member
Ouch!! What did you do about it? Had the buyer already paid the $13? It must be difficult to collect the difference after the fact

You have no idea...

Here's the email he sent to reply to my request regarding the difference in shipping:

"I went through the trouble to pay for this item. I have paid you in full according to your information and expect the item to be delivered forthwith. If you made an error that is your mistake not mine. A reputable company would complete this deal instead of trying to rip off their customers by adding on extra billing after full payment has been made. do I have to file a formal complaint against you in order to get my item? PI**ED OFF -NAME-"

Does this constitute a threat? Unfortunately I did not block my email address so he sent mail directly to me and not through eBay. Lesson learned...
Message 11 of 29
latest reply

Another eBay glitch....

katiusciav
Community Member
nice. some people. did you explain it was EBAY'S fault???? i would totally forward this to ebay AFTER complaining and asking for my refund for the difference in shipping that i lost.
i would tell him to go ahead and file a complaint,....then i'd like to see where EBAY sides..
Kat
Message 12 of 29
latest reply

Another eBay glitch....

That would really put eBay to the test. It is obviously their fault and yet the seller is the one who gets ripped off and left negative feedback. I'll bet that this glitch has affected many many sellers. With an overwhelming number of sellers complaining about it maybe something will be done. Or that could be wishful thinking.
Message 13 of 29
latest reply

Another eBay glitch....

I have 2 suggestions!
#1. Tell him he will get $13 worth of shipping and handlind as opposed to $28.
#2 Tell him you have two friends who live in the area named Guido and Rocko, who would gladly come over and collect the extra money!]:)
LOL
Andrew
Message 14 of 29
latest reply

Another eBay glitch....

orbitdrop.ont_01
Community Member
I didn't mind most of his response as the world is full of idiots. The thing that really got me was, "I went through the trouble of paying..."

Like, did he never intend to pay or what?

The item was also very large and quite heavy and anyone bidding with his feedback score should have known that a $13 cost to ship was ridiculously low.
Message 15 of 29
latest reply

Another eBay glitch....

katiusciav
Community Member
come on now chris, be APPRECIATIVE that he paid!!! 😮

andrew-i'm italian--need any favours done? never mind the blocked buyer list, i got my home whacked buyer list ]:) (just kidding)
Kat
Message 16 of 29
latest reply

Another eBay glitch....

Kat, Sending out the two Italians is my scare tactic which thankfully I have never had to use...... Good thing to because Guido and Rocko are actually the Mario Brothers!:^O
Just kidding!

Andrew
Message 17 of 29
latest reply

Another eBay glitch....

katiusciav
Community Member
yea...just fogeddaaboudit...
Kat
Message 18 of 29
latest reply

Another eBay glitch....

Thanks Kat. Nice to see you are over your PMS!;-)
LOL

Andrew
Message 19 of 29
latest reply

Another eBay glitch....

katiusciav
Community Member
...ALMOST...!
Kat
Message 20 of 29
latest reply