Anyone ever get a "Duplicate tracking number." from Canada post before?

Just when I thought that things couldn't get any worse when my order was stuck in Mississauga for 6 days,the tracking number I was using to look at the current whereabouts of my order suddenly stopped working...On my Canada Post app, it says "Duplicate tracking number" and on the website it says the tracking number is unavailable..Sad life >.>... It's a USPS tracking number too and funny thing is that it stopped working on the same day that it was estimated to be delivered to my house. Anyone know what could be happening to my package?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Anyone ever get a "Duplicate tracking number." from Canada post before?

Another reason why buyers should not pay any attention to tracking numbers.

Too stressful.

If the item is not delivered by Day 20 , contact the seller and let him know.

If it is not delivered by Day 30, open an Item Not Recieved Dispute and get your refund when the seller cannot prove delivery.

The whole purpose of tracking is to end INR disputes in the seller's favour, by showing that the item was delivered.... somewhere.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Another reason why buyers should not pay any attention to tracking numbers.

Too stressful.

If the item is not delivered by Day 20 , contact the seller and let him know.

If it is not delivered by Day 30, open an Item Not Recieved Dispute and get your refund when the seller cannot prove delivery.

The whole purpose of tracking is to end INR disputes in the seller's favour, by showing that the item was delivered.... somewhere.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

If it has been a few days since tracking said it was to be delivered, try phoning Canada Post and asking them about it. I don't know if they will give you any information but it doesn't hurt to try.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply