As a Buyer on E-Bay i do not understand why SHILL BIDDING IS TOLERATED as is the case currently.

10 REPLIES 10

As a Buyer on E-Bay i do not understand why SHILL BIDDING IS TOLERATED as is the case currently.

shill bidding is NOT tolerated.

If you have evidence of shill bidding you should report the listing and/or contact Customer Service.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

This is not my first attempt at reporting SHILL BIDDING. One has to be etremely naive to believe that it is merely

an isolated case.

Thank you.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Where was it suggested that you'd found an isolated case of shill bidding?

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Why then is this practice tolerated if this is as you imply a regular occurance.

Post the names of all bidders and stop the practice of identification of bidders

as PRIVATE LISTING. Not only is  SHILL BIDDING detrimental to the reputation

of E-Bay, it scares potential buyers away.

E-Bay is a good product, do not let this pratice continue.

Thank you and Merry Christmas.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Where was it suggested that shill bidding is tolerated?

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

LOL ..

I think it was suggested that it was tolerated in the fact that he reported and nothing happened 😉

Reporting people is like aaaaa finding a needle in a haystack you hope ebay actually funds your report in there stack of reports

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

"he reported and nothing happened"

The fact someone reports an apparent violation does NOT mean there is a violation.  Too often relatively new users do not really understand the system and see problems where none exist.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

... or, after investigation, eBay did find there was a violation and warn the member(s).

eBay will never ever reply to the reporter with whatever action they may have taken if a violation was found.  So the fact a reporting member does not see action does not mean no action was taken if there was violation.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

One easy way to tell if a bidder is shilling is to note if he wins.

Shillers don't want to win, they want YOU to win at your maximum.

So they nibble bid until their bid passes yours, then retract.

Bid retractions can be seen on the feedback page of the bidder.

If you are being consistently outbid on certain items, it is not because of shilling, it is because you are bidding less than the market considers the item to be worth.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

totally agree with femme

it's more the appearance of shill bidding but extremely unlikely these days with so fewer auctions than before

also ebay has  really Good detection

Message 11 of 11
latest reply