As a Ebay.ca Seller

Are we allowed selling on both site Ebay.com and also on Ebay Ca

or Ebay.ca will not like it

!!

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

As a Ebay.ca Seller Are we allowed selling on ebay.com and also on Ebay Ca

Once registered as a seller, you can sell on ALL 20+ eBay sites: eBay.com, eBay.ca, eBay.de, eBay.uk, etc...

eBay loves it as they get a fee for every transaction, regardless of the site where you list.

However, as a new seller, you may find it easier to concentrate your efforts on one site, one currency, until you have enough inventory to justify listing on various sites.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

All you really have to do is put in shipping to the countries you want to sell to and eBay shows your listings there.

I have been selling worldwide for 13 years.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

You are charging too much for shipping music cd's. $5.79CDN is too much when the actual cost is $2.95 in stamps to Canada.

Also never ever give overseas an option for ground shipping. What will happen is the cheap buyer will try to be a miser and pick that type of shipping to try to save $0.75 and it will take 2 months to get there and the buyer will have already filed for a refund after a month or so and will have given you negative feedback which you cannot afford at this point. Then the item finally arrives and the buyer has payed $0.00 for it.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Some cd's weigh 100g or less when shipped in a dollarama size 0 padded envelope. In this case it would be $1.80 in stamps to Canada, $2.95 to USA and $5.90 to everywhere else. You can trim/cut down the envelope to squeeze it by if the weight is something stupid like 103g since the envelope itself weighs 14g.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Your listings are automatically being seen on .com if you have a shipping cost the U.S. listed and if you list on .com, your listings will be seen on .ca as long as your listing has a shipping price for Canada.Your listings 'may' be seen on other sites but there are no guarantees.

When you don't have a store, eBay allows you to list 50 items free on .ca and 50 free on .com. If you list on .com you have to set up shipping price differently as shipping to Canada would be considered international. You are not allowed to list the exact same item on both sites at the same time because they would be considered duplicate listings. Plus, it wouldn't make sense to do that as they are already being seen on both sites.  But if you have two of the same item you can list one as an auction without a buy it now price and one as a Fixed Price listing.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@maximus7001 wrote:

Some cd's weigh 100g or less when shipped in a dollarama size 0 padded envelope. In this case it would be $1.80 in stamps to Canada, $2.95 to USA and $5.90 to everywhere else. You can trim/cut down the envelope to squeeze it by if the weight is something stupid like 103g since the envelope itself weighs 14g.

I think that superdeal should be aware that documents only can be shipped by lettermail to the U.S.  CD's, DVD's, etc. really should be shipped by Light Packet (currently $5.70 for >200 g.  I'm not saying that he can't attempt to use lettermail for items other than documents (I believe many sellers do) but he should know that there`s a chance these items could be returned to him.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@jt-libra wrote:

@maximus7001 wrote:

I think that superdeal should be aware that documents only can be shipped by lettermail to the U.S.  CD's, DVD's, etc. really should be shipped by Light Packet (currently $5.70 for >200 g).  I'm not saying that he can't attempt to use lettermail for items other than documents (I believe many sellers do) but he should know that there`s a chance these items could be returned to him.

Correction

(currently $5.70 for <= 200 g)

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

@jt-libra wrote:

@maximus7001 wrote:

I think that superdeal should be aware that documents only can be shipped by lettermail to the U.S.  CD's, DVD's, etc. really should be shipped by Light Packet (currently $5.70 for >200 g).  I'm not saying that he can't attempt to use lettermail for items other than documents (I believe many sellers do) but he should know that there`s a chance these items could be returned to him.

Correction

Excuse me .... I had the > pointed in the wrong direction. I thought that meant "up to" 200 g.   I'm sure the OP knew what I meant.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@jt-libra wrote:

@pocomocomputing wrote:

@jt-libra wrote:

@maximus7001 wrote:

Correction

Excuse me .... I had the > pointed in the wrong direction. I thought that meant "up to" 200 g.   I'm sure the OP knew what I meant.

No personal criticism intended. Most likely the OP understood. But just in case someone else is reading the forums, it is best to correct typos so no one gets confused.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

No offence taken 🙂

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

"I'm not saying that he can't attempt to use lettermail for items other than documents (I believe many sellers do) but he should know that there`s a chance these items could be returned to him."

Without sending these items lettermail we might as well just throw all the stock in the garbage, end all items and find a different job.

Nobody in their right mind is going to pay almost $9 to ship a cassette tape overseas, $5.70 to USA and $9 to $14 parcel to Canada, really???.

Over 2500 tapes sold and sent so far by lettermail to all destinations with various accounts over 10 years and not a single one sent back ever. Worrying about it is just being silly. Also they get there faster much faster than other shipping methods.

Just be sure to have your real name and phone number on the return address label nand put airmail stickers on both sides for items going out of Canada. Also if the staff at your postal outlet are being stupid then just mail them in a mailbox.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@maximus7001 wrote:

Without sending these items lettermail we might as well just throw all the stock in the garbage, end all items and find a different job.

Nobody in their right mind is going to pay almost $9 to ship a cassette tape overseas, $5.70 to USA and $9 to $14 parcel to Canada, really???. 

I've sold 1200 DVD's and CD's in the last four years at the lettermail rate to Canada and Light Packet rate to the U.S. .... really!!!

I know I'm in my right mind and my buyers seem to be as well.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@mr.elmwood wrote:

All you really have to do is put in shipping to the countries you want to sell to and eBay shows your listings there.

I have been selling worldwide for 13 years.

Not really.  I just asked a previous buyer (all through eBay legit) if they were interested in my other listings.  They couldn't see them.  I don't try to avoid fees.  I keep things on the up and up.  Something is funky there.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Where does the buyer live?  Anyone in Canada or the continental U.S. should be able to see your listings.

Why do you exclude - Alaska/Hawaii, APO/FPO, US Protectorates and PO boxes?

Message 15 of 15
latest reply