Attempted refund for item never received - eBay says I haven't paid for it??

OK so I'm in a bit of a frustrating predicament here. I am trying to get a refund for items I never received with a seller who has essentially closed up shop and doesn't respond to my communication attempts. However I just got an email from eBay saying that they have decided in the Seller's favour because I have not paid for the item.

??? What??? I paid for these items, I have proof in my Paypal history, and I was about to copy and paste it into the resolution centre when I got this error page that says "we are having a technical hiccup" and I can't access the resolution centre or add info to any cases!

I tried going through the whole rigamerole of getting some form of a contact number from eBay's "Help" center... to no avail. So any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

How specifically have you paid through PayPal?

Funds in your account?

Funds from your bank account?

echeck?

Funded by your credit card.?

If funded by your credit card, call your credit card issuer (toll free number on your monthly statement) and ask for a "chargeback" for non-receipt.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Unfortunately I did not pay with credit card.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

" I just got an email from eBay saying that they have decided in the Seller's favour because I have not paid for the item."

In this case, since no credit card was involved, contact eBay again and give them the PayPal transaction number, date of payment, currency and amount.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Ok i finally figured out how to contact eBay and gave em a call.
Apparently the seller had sent me a paypal invoice for the items which I used to pay for them, rather than paying directly through eBay. Therefore absolving eBay of any obligation to refund me.
This guy scammed me good!
Oh well at this point, I have my resolution, maybe not my refund, and some lessons were learned. I'm putting it to rest and calling it a loss.
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

"seller had sent me a paypal invoice"

Then file a claim through PayPal for non receipt.

There is no point in "taking a loss" when the system does protect you.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I was told paypal couldn't help me with this because it's past the 45 day window.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

So the lessons for today are:

Back your Paypal account with a credit card.

File your claims within 45 days.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I just didn't want to be rude to the seller and open a case when he was sending me false tracking info to keep leading me on. You just can't trust people anymore.
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Many  sellers indicate in their listings that shipments from China to Canada can take 30 to 60 days!

Although it could be true but on  day 43 I'll be asking for a refund regardless of the seller's demand/insistence to wait the full 60 days ,there's nothing "rude" about demanding your money back,

My response to a seller who's asking me to wait longer than 45 days is,please refund ,I'll give your money back once I receive my item.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

We women are all too often taken in by these scammers because we have been raised to be nice and polite.

We need to take a lesson from Tina....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmH4YlNdWAg

and do it nice .... and rough.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply