Auctiva Account Hacked

I posted on the other board as well but thought I would put it here as well.

My Auctiva account was hacked today and used to list on Ebay.

If you use Auctiva, keep a very close eye on it and your listings for any questionable occurrences.

Ebay has been notified and I case opened with Auctiva who I have yet to hear back from.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Auctiva Account Hacked

Why just Auctiva? ou can't do much with an Auctiva account other than list?

Unless you know why just Auctiva, I would assume that your main computer security may be breached. I would go to a third party computer that you know is safe and change passwords to key accounts (eBay, PayPal, bank - write them down so you do not forget them).  Clear all temp files and cache and then run virus and malware scans on your computer. Prove to yourself the main computer is safe before using it again.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Auctiva Account Hacked

Auctiva was hacked and listings created on Ebay for cell phones. In the listing it said to contact at a gmail address to use buy it now. Hence to get unsuspecting new buyers to contact, get an invoice and pay for it. Hence they get there money and no product is shipped. That is why they used Auctiva.

First thing I did was change all passwords and email to Auctiva, Ebay, Paypal, and email itself. We will see what happens. I have anti virus, malware detection and run scans daily. Have since I got my first computer in 1992.

Thanks for the heads up though.

I posted just so people would be on the lookout, as Auctiva had similar serious problems a few years ago.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Auctiva Account Hacked

I get a lot of spam mails that say they are from auctiva but they are from another source. They try to get you to click on a link so I imagine they try to get into accounts that wayl

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Auctiva Account Hacked

I got a 'notice' from Paypal today that I had spent nearly 300 pounds and a polite and grammatical note that if there were a problem I should click on a link.

I sent it off to spoof@paypal.com and sure enough they promptly identified it as a phishing attempt.

Not sure if I am happy that the criminal element has improved its language skills or sad that they are getting better at cheating us.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Auctiva Account Hacked

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Not sure if I am happy that the criminal element has improved its language skills or sad that they are getting better at cheating us.

I'd say I'm sad about the improvement in criminals' language skills.  The weird grammar and syntax and even more bizarre spelling mistakes were always a helpful red flag -- DELETE! Woman Very Happy

Message 6 of 6
latest reply