Automatic payment?

porb2058
Community Member
Last time, and once before, when I bought something, it was automatically paid with my credit card. It used to be that every time I did fill out the credit card payment questions. I do not have a PayPal account, never signed up for one, and I do not want one. Just curious how did this happen? And how do I stop that ? Anyone who could get into my account could buy on my expense! Before, I left a message to eBay with one of those "Help/Contact windows", they never replied. Thanks, Peter
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Automatic payment?

If you buy on eBay you have to pay for your purchase.  Most sellers require payment by PayPal - no other choice.

If these terms are not acceptable to you, you should NOT buy or bid on those listings requiring PayPal.

Problem solved.

PS - PayPal is by far the safest method of paying for internet purchases.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Automatic payment?

Hello Peter, 

<< Last time, and once before, when I bought something, it was automatically paid with my credit card. . . . 

I do not have a PayPal account, . . . Just curious how did this happen? >>

As you know, ebay recently 'restyled' the checkout page.  Any time you are paying for anything, take an extra second to 

carefully and thoroughly read everything on the page before entering and confirming your card info.

What happened was you did not uncheck the little pre-checked box that now 'invites' you to Save your card info with ebay.

And since we're on this subject, always log out of ebay (and other sites) after you are done shopping, and when you sign in

again be sure to uncheck the box that offers to keep you signed in. 

It all takes an extra second or two, but goes a long way toward giving you peace of mind.  

For now, however, find the My eBay at the top of the page and choose Summary from the drop-down menu.

Then click on the Account tab.

From the left side of the page under My Account, pick Personal Information, then down where it says Financial Information.

See the Checkout saved payment methods, -- yours will likely be there and you can Edit and remove it.

Be sure to SAVE any changes.  

Anytime you buy online anywhere, scrutinize the process page carefully before you click to agree.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Automatic payment?

Hi Dmil,

Thanks for the reply!

You have just concisely and comprehensively answered my question!

I hate this "automatic enrollments", this should be the other way around!

I did not have that feature before and I for sure did not sign up on my own!

And it looks like that they keep changing the pages and adding all sorts of "automatic requests" in my name by default that I would not want on my own.

Regards, Peter

Message 4 of 4
latest reply