BEWARE - Buyer never get notification that you left them a message through Resolution Center

Its been the 3rd time I get to notice that and it raises serious concerns because it may give a very negative image of any seller.

First time a buyer oversea bought an item and did chose a shipping service without tracking. After like a month, I got a refund request because item still hasn't been delivered. I sent a message through the Resolution Center asking buyer to wait a week more because it may just be stuck at customs. A few days after, buyer escalate the request to a claim, which he lost. He probably got the item afterward but that's not the point. The point is he never answered any of my messages sent through the Resolution Center. At the moment I said "tough luck".

Second time, got a return request for an item that didn't fit. I do leave a message through the Resolution Center the same day. No answer for the next 24 hours. I decide to go through eBay's messaging system instead. Got a response from the buyer about 15 minutes after that and we exchanged numerous message that way without any problem. I told myself "He must not have received the note for a reason or another".

Third time, got a return request because an item sold as defective for parts was defective (which he lost, obviously). Again, through the Resolution Center, I quickly answered the buyer's request by sending him a message, but didn't had any reply. Next day I sent him a message through eBay's Messaging and he answered very quickly again.

This is the third time in a row that sending a message through the Resolution Center does not work. Last year I never had any problem. What happened in-between? What kind of image does it send to a buyer who is waiting for his return request to be answered?

I will no longer use the Resolution Center to do any communication with seller doing a return request as it is unreliable and for some reason buyer never knows you sent them a message.

For any seller out there, as a rule of thumb. If you don't get an answer from a buyer 24 hours after you answered their return request, don't wait anymore and contact them directly via eBay's messaging system.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

BEWARE - Buyer never get notification that you left them a message through Resolution Center

xeposter
Community Member

I think that the buyer would constantly have to be checking back to the Resolution Center to see your messages as it does not send them emails every time you comment.

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@xeposter wrote:

I think that the buyer would constantly have to be checking back to the Resolution Center to see your messages as it does not send them emails every time you comment.

Alex

Thanks for the clarification.

So, that means Resolution Center isn't important enough to send a message notification to the buyer for the resolution of a problem. Sellers are stressed out to give good after-sale service but we're left with half-working tools in our hands. How many claims went wrong and the buyer got angry because of "not receiving any news from the seller"? Well thought eBay. Once again.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I'd bring this up in next Wednesday's  chat with eBay Staff.

Meanwhile, when you put a message into the Dispute, you can also cut and paste the message into eBay Messages.

Actually, since there is probably a Paypal invoice, you can send your message directly to the customer's email address which is on that invoice.

But make sure it is in the Dispute and as a courtesy tell the customer that you have put the message there in any other communications.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Yeah I thought there was something fishy about constantly receiving messages about a resolution. I figured the buyer had backed off because she has no case against me.

This whole site has gone wonky doodle, no addresses from people asking about shipping.

We need to know where they are so we can quote a ball park number at least.

No option to add the answers to questions into the listing etc.

Add in I'm barely selling any of my 800 + listings across boarders on my top rated site too.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Meanwhile, when you put a message into the Dispute, you can also cut and paste the message into eBay Messages.

Actually, since there is probably a Paypal invoice, you can send your message directly to the customer's email address which is on that invoice.

But make sure it is in the Dispute and as a courtesy tell the customer that you have put the message there in any other communications.

"Hi, Thank you for NOT being part of our Weekly eBay chat session. Sorry to hear you were just too busy working your *** off to be part of our session and report the issues you're having with our site."

Guess that won't be for this week. Maybe next time Smiley Frustrated

Thanks for the hint. This is what I started to do, but I don't paste the whole message into eBay message otherwise I get answers directly that way. I simply mention the buyer I sent them a message through Resolution Center. This works but doesn't look very professional since they have to find out by hand where to go, while with an automated message could have a direct link.

Am I the only one experimenting such problems with the Resolution Center? No one ever wondered why they don't get any answer from buyers through that way, but had immediate answer through eBay messaging system? Can't believe that...

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@arkh_angel wrote:

@femmefan1946 wrote:

"Hi, Thank you for NOT being part of our Weekly eBay chat session. Sorry to hear you were just too busy working your *** off to be part of our session and report the issues you're having with our site."

Guess that won't be for this week. Maybe next time Smiley Frustrated

Thanks for the hint. This is what I started to do, but I don't paste the whole message into eBay message otherwise I get answers directly that way. I simply mention the buyer I sent them a message through Resolution Center. This works but doesn't look very professional since they have to find out by hand where to go, while with an automated message could have a direct link.

Am I the only one experimenting such problems with the Resolution Center? No one ever wondered why they don't get any answer from buyers through that way, but had immediate answer through eBay messaging system? Can't believe that...

I've had it where I was communicating with a buyer in the Resolution Center.

Same as you, they never replied to me through that, but did when I sent an eBay message.

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply