BUYER WANTS A REFUND .what are my options.?

zippar
Community Member
I had a buyer purchase a vending machine from me.Now after 2 weeks they decide they want to return it .Because they say its leaking water.(which any cooled machine has a drip tube for condensation and it goes into a tray to evaporate. THEY PAID WITH PAYPAL.
can they get there money refunded from paypal.?

what options do i have.?
i went through whole machine before it left here and it was working great when it left my hands.
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

itrecovery
Community Member
It is dicey. You can try, but in most cases buyer wins.

Typical Paypal's solution is that buer must return item and you must refund.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

zippar
Community Member
well i,ve been selling machines on ebay for 6 yrs . and sold at least 100 vending machines and not one NEG for machines and never had a problem. i guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. 😞
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

funkywatch_com
Community Member
If they paid with PP, they will get the money back whether you want it or not.

Your best option is to collaborate and conveniently arrange the return of the machine. Be ready to take a hit on this one as they may not want to pay return shipping.

Otherwise, you will be left with NO money and NO machine.

Trust me, I lost US$500 in the past 5 weeks to Paypal policy.

eric
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

zippar
Community Member
well with this new PAYPAL.CA COMING IN AUGUST. i dont think i will be using it anymore.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Although I don't know what changes might be coming with paypal.ca (nobody except paypal know the details) I highly doubt there will be any significant negative changes.

I expect only a few modest POSITIVE changes,like the ability to withdraw US Dollars to a CANADIAN US Dollar account and easier access to PayPal branded debit and/or credit cards.

As for SPP it will be the same stinkhole it is today, in high risk catagories it will continue to be painful.

well i,ve been selling machines on ebay for 6 yrs . and sold at least 100 vending machines and not one NEG for machines and never had a problem. i guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. 😞

Mark this one down as your 1% lemons, no choice but a full refund.Hopefully you can have the buyerbear the cost/effort of bringing it back to you. At least you'll be able to relist/resell thereby minimizing your loss. Of course you can also get a refund of your final value fees.

It is possible to win a SNAD claim with PayPal but I'm not sure it's worth the effort.
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Depends on how you listed your item if you provided a RETURN POLICY that clearly states how long they have to return the item along with any restocking fee's and or what condition the item must be in -- this will go along way in your favour.

We too have had a few instances where a buyer wanted to return an item and we have WON all our cases because of our clear POLICIES.

If your Buyer WINS the claim then PP will also refund the shipping fees so yes you will take a hit on the original shipping fees they paid your but the BUYER is responsible for the shipping fees to send the item back to you.

Two weeks sound a bit fishy to me, and I would not waiver and confront the BUYER that if the item was leaking as he/she claims why wait 2ks to bring it to you attention -- this alone is a positive in your favour.

To me it sound like your buyer either changed his/her mid and/or damaged the item when installing or moving it.

I would fight this claim to the end.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

099neil
Community Member
hi there, im in the same boat with a ring that i sold, the buyer is over a month past return date (i have 7 days) and i still havent recieved it back, i called PP and they told me that i probably wont win if it goes to reselution, SIGH so im giving in and if the item ever shows up in the mail i will be refunding. i have now learned why a lot of sellers dont give feed back till the buyer recieves the item, becuase this buyer would not have gotten pos feedback otherwise.
GOOD LUCK
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

zippar
Community Member
never never leave feedback till the buyer leaves you feedback.

its been 2 weeks i havnt heard back from the buyer or paypal. MABYE THE FIGURED HOW TO OPERATE THE POP MACHINE THE RIGHT WAY .!!!!!
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

quinnauctions
Community Member
recped

Canadian's with at least an RBC USD account can withdraw US funds from Paypal in about 3 business days. You have to translate your bank no, account no, and transit into the American equivalent but it does work. I have been doing it for years.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply