Back for some more advice re shipping to the US then Thailand

A buyer sent me two messages asking to ship to Thailand. I said no, that due to their mailing system, I don't ship there.  He then purchased the item but now with an address in the US.  It is probably a friend who is forwarding the CD to him in Thailand.  I googled to see whether it was a mail forwarding, but it doesn't look like it.  I can just see a late shipment here, or him not getting it.  What would you do?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Your responsibility for delivery ends when the item is delivered to the US address providing that the US address is on the buyer's Paypal account.

But I would have Blocked him after explaining that I do not ship to his country. (Athough I'll ship pretty well anywhere. For some reason Robert's Rules of Order are very popular in Usbekistan).

Since you are uncomfortable, and have already told the customer that you do not want to deal with Thailand, cancel the transaction.

Cancel a transaction

When you need to cancel a transaction, it's a good practice to first let the buyer know you're canceling it and why.

You can cancel a transaction:

• Up to 30 days after the sale

• Even if your buyer has already paid for the item

You won't be able to cancel a transaction if:

• The buyer has already opened an Item not received request.

• You've already opened an Unpaid item case.

If there were multiple items in the purchase, you can only cancel the entire transaction, not individual parts of the order.

To cancel a transaction in My eBay
  1. Go to My eBay > Sold and locate the item.

2. In the More actions drop-down menu, select Cancel this order.

3. Choose a reason for the cancellation and follow the on-screen instructions.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks Fem for your advice.   That is a good idea, but he has 2 different user names so in this case it wouldn't have helped me too much. 

I did some more digging and this is his occupation: ‎General Surgeon at Department of Surgery, Phramongkutklao College of Medicine and Hospital.  So I think I will just let this one go through.  I do want to send him a note that if he leaves feedback to rate it on how fast it got to the US not to Thailand.   Any suggestions on how to word it?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Would have mailed it To Thailand, $8.78 and drop it in a mail box.  Have sent lots there.  People overseas could buy with an american address and you'd never even know they had done it, so nothing to worry about with this one.  No more likely for the buyer to claim its late then a buyer in Canada.  

"

Your responsibility for delivery ends when the item is delivered to the US address providing that the US address is on the buyer's Paypal account."

Since op isn't using tracking its really irrevelant.  Buyer can say its late if they want to.  Most of them won't even if it is. No way to know in advance if it will be alte or fast, or if a buyer what a buyer will do regardless so no reason to give it any consideration

Message 4 of 4
latest reply