Been on ebay using Paypal for a while now. Paid for 2 items I purchased last evening but payments won't go thru. any ideas why.

pic1258
Community Member

Credit Card is OK.  I have received automated messages telling me that the payment did not go thru and to try it again.  I've done as instructed but no luck.  Can't contact ebay and am waiting for an answer from Paypal but I've never run into this problem before.  Anyone experiencing the same problem or any ideas.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Been on ebay using Paypal for a while now. Paid for 2 items I purchased last evening but payments won't go thru. any ideas why.

I am having the same problem with a purchase I made mid-afternoon yesterday. Came here to see if there was a known issue.

I've also opened a ticket with PayPal

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

pic1258
Community Member

Just a footnote, one of the sellers received his payment and MY EBAY reflected that the payment went thru at 3 PM this afternoon HOWEVER one other seller is still waiting for his payment which, I presume, is floating around in cyberspace somewhere.B-)

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I am also having this problem... bought 2 items over the weekend and made immediate payment through Paypal with credit card. This morning i get Ebay email saying payment did not go through and to go back into Ebay and re submit payment. I did so and paid this time with an alternate in Paypal. Checked email for Receipt for payment and through My Ebay to see if the 'Pay Now' tab was gone... nope, still says i have to pay!!!????  Cannot find anywhere in Ebay links to find out what is going wrong. Checked with my bank and Paypal and both say all is ok with my accounts. Contacted both Sellers to ask if on their side payment was made, one replied no. (Same seller sent email after sale asking for payment then another email minutes later to disregard because it had been paid)...now i am being told it has not!

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have been having this problem and it comes up with error or it just wont go through.  I have contacted my credit card company and they say nothing has come through.  Things worked fine on Saturday when I has paid for my items.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Obviously there's a glitch somewhere. 🙂  Usually this sort of thing happens Thursday night, when I hear tell ebay does site maintenance.  If you get the dialogue box message saying payment cannot go through, it almost always works the following morning.

I just paid for something now - using a credit card - and it went through without a hitch.  In your Purchase History, beside the item is there a dark blue dollar sign, or is it still a pale blue outline of one?  Did you get a paypal receipt in your regular email?  Did you get anything at all in your regular email?  When we pay successfully we get the pp receipt as well as the ebay 'Confirmation of your order' message.

Anyway, if everyone's cards are okay (expiry dates and all that), with no confirmation receipts in the regular email, I'd say wait a few hours and try again.  I can't imagine a delay lasting longer than that.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Of utmost importance is your PP account and what is showing (or not) in recent activity. Always check before doing a retry.

Has anyone tried paying directly from PP...send money..next page..pay for eBay items.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I too having problem paying for one item and 2 of my customers as well are having problems paying for their items.  Definetly a glitch in the paypal system. Let's hope it is fixed soon. They should at least advise us of the problem in our message boxes so buyers and sellers would know what is going on..

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

UPDATE....received another Ebay email 'Action required, you have to resubmit payment'...  What the heck...ok, 3 times lucky....Payment resubmitted through Paypal...received receipt of payment...Ebay Purchase History shows 'received payment'  ... Yes!  just a glitch...(knew it all along!!)

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Yes, that's it, obviously.  I don't use a paypal account, - just straight credit card payments and I just bought another item and it went through fine.  And when I pay, if I get a dialogue box that says payment cannot be processed (those Thursday nights!) then it has not gone through.  I try later and it's fine.  I cannot pay twice for an item, - I've tried a number of times for experimentation's sake and it is not possible to repay a second time. 

I suppose the thing to do then is wait for this to clear up and for those people approaching Day 4, send a note to the seller in case the seller is unaware of the problem.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply