shippingy cost problem

jichur2
Community Member

wont allow me to add to my cart and charges shipping for each item even though i want to bundle a few items, shipping to canada is very expensive and cost me more than the item unless i can add them to my cart for one shipping charge

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

shippingy cost problem

this is a common problem, and i think  it's not the seller, it's probably the shopping cart, that is causing this problem.

mail the seller, and ask, for a refund , of the overpayd shipping.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

shippingy cost problem

Since you are new here, I guess you are unaware of a few things.

EBay is a shopping mall.

Not a store.

If you are buying from several sellers, it's like buying some stuff at Bombay Company, some at Sears, and some at Bowering.

Every seller is an individual.

If you buy from several sellers you cannot put all the items in one cart and have them shipped together. They will be coming from all over Canada (and perhaps from all over the world).

You may be able to pay for them all together if your sellers put up the listings ONLY on eBay CANADA. But the shopping cart only works for Canadian OR for US* sellers.

If you buy several items from one seller, before paying ask her if she will combine and discount shipping. Actually, ask this before bidding.

BUT

Watch out for this

Customs services and international tracking provided

That means the seller is using the Global Shipping Program. The high cost of shipping includes the Canadian duty and Canadian sales tax on your purchase. There is also a ~$5 service charge.

Don't bid on low value items with those words attached.

And to make that even more difficult, you won't easily see that note if you are shopping on a mobile or if you are using Gallery View Search.

If the items you are looking for cost over $100CDN (about $75USD) the GSP can actually be cheaper than shipping directly to you.

HOWEVER

Sellers using the GSP cannot combine and discount shipping.

If you are interested in an item but the shipping seems high, use Contact Seller to discuss possibilities. The ones who are willing to talk are usually the ones who will have the best overall deals.

*To complicate things, the "US" seller may be in the US or Canada or China or Kazakhistan but lists on dotCOM.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply