Being billed twice in US AND Canadian?

So I'm now being billed in both US and CDN for the same items sold. I've paid my Canadian invoice, but it still shows as owed in my US account.  So this morning I receive an email from Ebay Global collection for the less than 10$ US bill that I don't actually owe. I decide, let me call support. I was told there are glitches and that if I received an email from Global collection, that I should just go ahead and pay for the invoice while they work out the issues.  WHAT? So I'm going to pay twice for the same invoice because they are having glitches? And then they are going to credit me? in What?? Canadian funds? US funds? I have to convert the now Canadian dollars that I have in Paypal in order to pay them in US funds. And to top it off, I CAN'T PAY IT, because it WON'T LET ME!!

So after 15 years of selling on ebay, and always paying my invoices on time (sometimes I have credits because I've overpaid them lol) and now they are going to send a collection agency to get 10$US dollars that I don't owe them???!

Ebay, Get your *insert word here* together.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Being billed twice in US AND Canadian?

Yess there are so many glitches on ebay it is mind boggling to say the least,you can get a defect if can post screws up or customs or ussps but can you imagine the defect rate ebay is at 100 percent plus lmao im rigt i know it.I hve had so many items i need to ship weeks after they have been shipped with tracking like im getting messages from .com to ship when the items have arived but i only get that on .com,have been wondering for months why that is,glitches its amazing fer sure

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

"So I'm now being billed in both US and CDN..."

Have you recently changed your "billing currency" as many other Canadian sellers have?

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Yes. I have. But when I look at my invoice, the same things are being billed twice. One in US and one in Canadian.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

When "switching billing currency", eBay will run two accounts in your name for several months, one in each currency.  Both require a billing method (credit card and/or PayPal and PayPal works best if you carry a balance in the billing currency)

The "billing currency" remains attached to the original listing.  If you have GTC listings the problem will persist for months.

For more information, please review, very carefully,: http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/billing-currency.html

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Thank you. I had read a previous post of yours concerning this and I understand that some of my listings will remain under US billing (which makes no sense as they basically forced us to do this) But I still don't understand why I'm being billed for the same sale in both currencies. Both invoices show the same listings, so I'm paying twice. Not to mention, I never removed my paypal account from my US account and it still won't let me pay for it.

Are you saying that every time I relist an item that was originally under my US account, they will charge me US fees? I might as well just shut down as there is no way I'm going to relist 3000 items AGAIN.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Alright I figured it out. No thanks to support. Thanks for the link, it helped greatly. I think it's getting to the time where I need to shut down this account. I don't make huge sales volumes on ebay, for me to have to pay fees in US with these 3000 Canadian listings, when I'm being paid in Canadian makes no sense. Due to that link, I also found a way to pay my US invoice, so thanks 🙂

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Can I also say that I feel borderline scammed. Whatever.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

It is certainly not my intention to make excuses for eBay Inc, a large public American corporation, worth tens of billions of dollars.

However, they have hundreds of millions of users worldwide, tens of millions of sellers worldwide and such a tiny percentage (I suspect less than 1%) of sellers switching and/or using multiple currencies that very little priority is given to make the switch easier. Most sellers worldwide, including Americans, list in their own currency, sell in their own currency and pay their eBay fees in the same domestic currency.  We, Canadians, are the exception.

And the same comment applies to many of the technical and policy problems we Canadians are experiencing when listing/selling on eBay. We are a small drop in the bucket yet, we expect and demand so much (from their perspective).

A regular reading of the problems and questions raised on the weekly Wednesday sessions with eBay.ca staff and the answers provided (or lack thereof) will convince most readers that, despite the efforts of their small Canadian staff, the folks and management at Head Office in California simply do not care about us.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Glad I stopped in to read up on this situation.

I don't think the main office in Toronto cares about us either.

They are too over worked to even answer my last message I had forwarded to them.

I've been trying to change my billing currency for weeks from the site map.

It works okay until I get to go to paypal to set it up, then it says try again later.

Tried another work-around and got to paypal but there was no way to change the currency.

Phoned eBay 4 times. First time I was on hold until the battery died in my remote phone.

The other 3 calls I was asking them to call me. They never called.

I do believe I read sometime ago that if the FVF are in US and there is not enough US in your paypal account, that they will take the FVF from your Canadian funds.

Is this still the case?

Not too long ago I change billing currencies to US and what I received was 2 bills but no double billing.

All my FVF where in USD from then on, even with relists.

They had it right not too long ago, so why are they making our lives miserable after forcing us to switch to CAD only?

I'm almost our of US funds, we will see what happens in a couple of days when my next bill is higher than my balance.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

"Not too long ago I change billing currencies to US"...  "I've been trying to change my billing currency for weeks"

That is the problem.  You can only change the "billing currency" once a year. Please read the link provided earlier.

"You must not have switched your billing currency within the past 12 months."

If a seller selects PayPal to pay the monthly fees (not a good idea in my opinion; a credit card does a much better and safer job), the seller should make sure there is a currency balance in the currency selected for billing.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I checked my journal. I changed billing currency in May of 2014. Think I've slid past the year wait to change billing again.

Would have been nice if I could have changed it back after all the no replies from CS and the error messages telling me to, try again later and try again later etc.

The reason why I took my time replying is that my FVF for this site was due today.

No problem, they tooks the funds out of my CAD after cleaning out my USD.

Details show no currency conversion fees.

Those of you who can't change FVF currencies, there is nothing to worry about. 😄

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

The problem with me is they weren't taking out of my Canadian funds, they sent me straight to collection. Either way, I was able to pay it due to the link provided on this post, and I'm finally up to date for now.  I honestly don't even know what I paid for, I just paid. 

So far since, everything I've been selling has been going to Cdn billing.

I know I'm a nothing to ebay with my little sales, and it's been this way for a very long time. But after 15 years of always being on time and usually early with bills, you would think they would think twice prior to sending collection for 10$. I know it's probably all computerized, but call me thin skinned, I don't appreciate it. Especially considering they are the ones who turned everything upside down, not me.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

It really sucks to sell on this site.

Constant code glitches and being treated not just like a second class citizen because you are a seller but a non entity because you are Canadian.

We have no Canadian CS so .com backs out of domestic disputes.

Where is that at?

Add in our postal service that no longer ships tracking packet to a large part of the planet so those of us who have TRS seals don't have a chance of them showing up on .com

I know mine does not show. 

I only do it to pay for home renovations, since my kitchen sink is about to sink and my out door structures are about to crumble. 

EBay really does pay too much attention to China.

Chinese sellers that sell 4,000 items a month with 1,000 negatives right under the sales number, due to the poor quality of their products and shipping practices, still sport a TRS seal. 

Sure eBay is making big bucks off the sales, but they most likely are losing customers too. 

Where is the credibility of a TRS seal if the stock being sold is landfill before it is even shipped? 

It's not a fair world never has been. Great place to live, at least where I am to a degree, but the people...

Clipmart, you appear to be a casualty of faulty automation.

I do hope you don't have to fight too hard to get your funds back.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Off original topic:

@the_d_consortium wrote:

Add in our postal service that no longer ships tracking packet to a large part of the planet so those of us who have TRS seals don't have a chance of them showing up on .com

I know mine does not show. 

Canada Post tracked packet has only been around for a few years and has never delivered "to a large part of the planet" -- this not a change. And really has nothing to do with TRS status on eBay,COM  -- tracking is only required for your USA sales when it comes to .com TRS.

TRS - Top Rated Seller

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/top-rated.html

To get the badge on eBay.CA you just need to meet the Global Top-rated seller performance requirements.

To get the TRS badge on eBay.COM you need to meet the USA Top-rated seller performance requirements -- tracking posted on 90% of USA sales, accept returns for USA sales, etc. Going for TRS Plus is even harder to achieve for a Canada-based seller.

-..-

Message 15 of 15
latest reply