Best Offers

Best Offers and counteroffers used to have a line that specified all offers and counters did not include any shipping costs.  I just countered an offer, and upon review noticed that it stated the actual shipping cost and service .  I've never noticed this before.  Additionally, the offer was from someone in the USA, and the counteroffer stated the domestic shipping costs.  I had to go into the listing and actually choose USA from the shipping options, then return to the offer, before it showed the US shipping costs. Very annoying, and time consuming for the seller, possibly forcing the seller to accept a lower shipping charge if they don't check the country each time. Another thing being tinkered with by eBay without considering all the consequences?  And I wonder if that quoted cost becomes written in stone if offer is accepted?  What happens if it is combined with additional purchase(s)?  Is combined shipping then available? Can the invoice still be changed? 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Best Offers

So you are the seller.

You recieved an offer from a US customer

You counteroffered, but noticed that your copy of the counteroffer gives the domestic shipping cost.

When you changed the shipping option to USA, the amount of shipping changed.

You are right that shipping is never part of the offer/counteroffer process.

You are forgetting that your US customer sees the shipping to his address provided you originally had a shipping fee to the USA.

You also are forgetting that sellers are not required to accept payment for domestic shipping costs if the customer is outside Canada.

So what you originally saw, is not what your customer is seeing. The programming is unable to "see" where your customer is located, I imagine.

That's my take on it anyway.

And this is one more reason why I don't think Best Offers are a good way to make sales.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply