Beware to buy online!!!

Hello Friends,

I would like to share my experience with you. I had purchased an item from ebay from one of Chinees seller . After 3 months and 10 days it stoped working. I contacted to seller requesting replacement. He offered $9.5, but I stick with replacement. Seller did not replied so I called ebay agent, agent send an email o behalf of me. Now, that jerks offered me $5 which is absolutly not acceptable. So I talked with PayPal agent, agent suugested me to talk to your card compnay. You see how these pepole moving round and round. My card compnay denied to file claim as it is not within that 3 days. So, I spoke with PayPal agent again. According to them they can also not help me as 45 days is elapsed.

I want you to aware that it is worst idea to buy online. As there is no security for customer to get replacement or refund if any. It is batter to go in shop where you will get customer services in real sense.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Beware to buy online!!!

You seem to forget that stores have 14 day return policies. I don't think the seller was wrong.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Beware to buy online!!!

You need to use common sense and understand the policies when you buy something

Most items listed on eBay offer 30 day return or even shorter. 

YOU HAVE NO RIGHT ASKING FOR A REPLACEMENT 3 MONTHS LATER

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Beware to buy online!!!

You don't say what you paid for the item.

I assume it was less than $20 including postage.

It worked for three months.

You asked for a replacement.

The seller offered a partial refund of $9.

You refused.

I guess you preferred to get another item that would probably also quit after three months.

The seller reduced his refund offer to $5.

You refused again.

At 17 cents a minute, the Ontario minimum wage, how much time and 'money' have you wasted on this?

You should have accepted the first offer.

While credit card companies do have longer deadlines than Paypal's 45 days, most do not go over 90 days. You can phone the 1-800 number on the back of the credit card PP used to process your payment. Ask about a chargeback. The card company may tell you to return the item to the Chinese seller with Delivery Confirmation. This may cost $40 or more. (You should have taken the $9).  But they may not.

Have all the dates, transaction numbers and payment amounts at hand for the clerk to handle the refund if you are still within the chargeback period.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Beware to buy online!!!

Hello 'yatinm.shah',

Buying online is usually okay, but you do need to be more watchful about it.

For many people who live in remote areas, online buying is wonderful because they have a

whole world market at their fingertips.

Buying on ebay can be a bit tricky and to do it successfully you need to do a bit of reading.

Start here:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

This link explains ebay's money-back policy.  It is the most important information available if you

plan to buy on ebay very much.  Once you know how the system works and where to find help

if you need it,  you will have a lot more fun shopping, and will never lose money again.

Something else you need to know but which is not in any official ebay policy, is that Chinese sellers

frequently do not send the item to people with a low feedback score.  Currently yours is 14.

This happens because new users do not know the system and are easy to steal from.

To be honest, I do not think you would have gotten the refund either.  Many buyers are promised

replacements and refunds and neither ever shows up.  The seller delays you past day 45 when you

can file a claim, and even past day 60 when you can leave feedback.

In future, if you do not have your item by day 40, contact the seller.  Issuing a refund takes a few seconds.

The seller may be busy at the time, but if you do not have a refund by day 43, open your claim.

Do not close it for any reason until you have either your money or your item. 

These same sellers will also tell you that if you close it they will refund.  Once you close a claim you can

never re-open it, so do not close a claim until you have your item or your money.

What you describe is very common for new users.  Familiarize yourself with ebay's protection policies

and choose your sellers carefully (be sure to read their feedback!)  and buying on ebay can be a great

way to shop.

Best wishes  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Beware to buy online!!!

The buyer received their item. They are complaining that the item stopped working after 3 months.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Beware to buy online!!!

Ah, I seem to have had trouble with that one.  Perhaps I just couldn't imagine someone complaining

that an item from China would malfunction after 3 months.

Certainly I believe it would happen, - especially in light of how frequently items arrive that do not work

in the first place.  I suppose my inherent sense of fair play refused to permit me to consider that 3 months

down the pike someone would seek redress for a poor quality item bought from China, not when so many people

are fortunate to have the item arrive at all.

And I didn't get this at all: <<My card compnay denied to file claim as it is not within that 3 days.>>

3 days?  What 3 days?

Oh well, good of you to clear that up.  Where would we all be without you trawling the message boards

for people to correct.  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Beware to buy online!!!

@dmil8030 wrote:

Ah, I seem to have had trouble with that one.  Perhaps I just couldn't imagine someone complaining

that an item from China would malfunction after 3 months.

Certainly I believe it would happen, - especially in light of how frequently items arrive that do not work

in the first place.  I suppose my inherent sense of fair play refused to permit me to consider that 3 months

down the pike someone would seek redress for a poor quality item bought from China, not when so many people

are fortunate to have the item arrive at all.

the vast majority of items purchased arrive....even from China. The people who complain are anecdotal compared to the billions of items shipped.

The people who complain the most are the people who fall for buying iphone, or iphone like products, or similar at 10 cents on the dollar.  These people are all for getting something for nothing, or very little, and then are shocked when the item everyone else pays 5x as much for isn't the same quality. 

The vast majority of items that come from China, especially electronic,  can be expected to last more than 1 year. This is why stores offer 1 year warranties. That being said, local stores and resellers charge a premium to offer the 1 year to account for the few that don't make it.

When you buy direct, you don't pay the premium and you don't get the 1 year protection. 

You can't expect to pay less and still get the same. There are costs involved. 

ipods, iphones, macbooks, laptops, tablets, phones, digital cameras, TV's all made in Asia with China the largest manufacturer by far. 

China as a whole has the best manufacturing in the world, but if you don't like it, only buy electronics made in Canada, or the US, or Germany, just don't complain about the selection or huge lack of items altogether. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Beware to buy online!!!

"The people who complain the most are the people who fall for buying iphone, or iphone like products, or similar at 10 cents on the dollar.  These people are all for getting something for nothing, or very little, and then are shocked when the item everyone else pays 5x as much for isn't the same quality. "

Maybe so BUT Ebay and other online bidding sites reel first time shoppers in by offering these huge savings, I got took a number of times too before I realized just how prevalent counterfeiting is on ebay. You shouldn't have to pay for that learning curve , New buyers come on here expecting to get amazing deals on name brand items NOT with the expectancy that they will be buying fake poorly made products.

At one time I honestly thought I would be getting solid 14 karat gold rings with genuine precious gem stones for 10 dollars because that's what the seller listed their items as.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Beware to buy online!!!

@gotwhatchuneed wrote:

Maybe so BUT Ebay and other online bidding sites reel first time shoppers in by offering these huge savings, I got took a number of times too before I realized just how prevalent counterfeiting is on ebay. You shouldn't have to pay for that learning curve , New buyers come on here expecting to get amazing deals on name brand items NOT with the expectancy that they will be buying fake poorly made products.

Keep in mind that it's not eBay itself that's offering the "huge savings" but the sellers themselves.  In addition, eBay sites tend to try to market to domestic sales.  The deals publicized on the sites generally aren't ones from outside of the country for which the particular eBay site is geared, although .ca does have a fair share of American goods featured likely due to the extent to which the American and Canadian economies are intertwined.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Beware to buy online!!!

@gotwhatchuneed wrote:

"The people who complain the most are the people who fall for buying iphone, or iphone like products, or similar at 10 cents on the dollar.  These people are all for getting something for nothing, or very little, and then are shocked when the item everyone else pays 5x as much for isn't the same quality. "

At one time I honestly thought I would be getting solid 14 karat gold rings with genuine precious gem stones for 10 dollars because that's what the seller listed their items as.

I agree ebay has a responsibility to filter out more of these poor sellers. I look at things from an electronic side, and for the most part the sellers are honest. For items such as sterling silver and gold, it seems fraud is fairly rampant. 

I purchased 'silver' necklaces in Mexico thinking they were real as well. The problem is peoples idea of products are so badly skewed that they make poor choices. 

I have said repeatedly you can get great items from China for cheap, but the idea, if it ever was true, of getting brand name quality products at huge discounts is impossible. 

For example, in Canada you can get a great phone for $300. If you wait for a store promotion, or model changeover, ,you can get if for say $200. That phone probably costs about $150 to make (including pkg, shipping etc.).  If you carefully research you will be able to find a similarly featured phone with similar qualities for say $100-125.  If someone, anyone is saying you can get the same for even $50, prepare to be disappointed. 

Of course, ebay is just as complicit in this, and no they are NOT just venue. Their ebay 'deals' are proof of it. Just last week I see a 'deal' for a blackberry playbook over 77% off at only $139 (IIRC). The original price was $600 at launch, didn't sell, dropped t 299, barely sold, then cleared out 2 years ago! at $139. Then ebay comes out and has the nerve to say you are 'saving' over 77% for a 3 year old outdated obsolete tablet. ( i like PB's but it's still true).

In the end I guess it's still buyer beware, and if you are expecting iphones for pennies on the dollar because they are made in China, you will be disappointed. 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply