Blocking Bidders

I recently got dinged by some bad feedback and did the usual blocking to prevent the same individuals from buying again...not a big deal but when I looked over the feedback sent by one buyer in the past couple years I noticed a very high level of dissatisfaction...my question is this...WHY CAN'T I BLOCK BUYERS WITH A DISSATISFACTION RATE OVER A CERTAIN THRESHOLD...REALLY I SEE BUYERS WHO LEAVE NEGATIVES AND NEUTRALS IN 10-20% OF THE TRANSACTIONS THEY PARTICIPATE IN...I do not want their business but there is no way to shut them out unless they also happen to fall into one of the categories that I can control...

I just got a dispute notification from a buyer  (he is also a moderately successful seller) who purchased an item from me,,,he wants his money back for a NAD claim..I checked his feedback sent page and it is a blur of red and grey...given a choice I would never have sold to such a buyer...there should be ramifications for this abuse...if more than 10% of feedback left by a buyer is not positive I want to block them from buying from me...period....EBAY MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Blocking Bidders

I second your request. I have no return policy and they still ask for it. We need to be able to block those who do much returns and leaving neutral or negative feedback. I need no trouble from them. I only return a few months ago. I had in mind of using ebay store if things go well. That plan is now dropped. I rather pay somewhere else.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Well, you could only sell by auction, which gives you the opportunity to read your bidders' feedback and cancel/Block anyone who seems difficult.

And you can certainly set up an automatic Block in your Seller Preferences against bidders with 2 or more UID Strikes.

And you could Report the buyer to eBay. If he sells in your category, they may be inclined to restrict his account. I've seen a button for that, but can't find it now.  You can also use Customer Support. Pee first, bring a book and a beverage.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I reported the buyer but I have yet to receive satisfaction from calling for any problem...the ebay employees who answer the phone use a script and cannot deviate from that script...and frankly most I have talked to don't have the metal capacity to think freely....it is an exercise in futility.

As to auction format only...some things are best as a BIN and auctions these days are not usually a money making proposition....ebay must start giving sellers more control over their own sales...it is so unfair to be at the mercy of these ebay shoplifters...

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Why phone?

Use the Report Buyer button on the listing where the problem originated.

What you want is a build up of Reports against the buyer's name. Not a conversation.

I keep muttering 18 cents a minute.

That's the minimum wage in Ontario. How much time are you willing to spend at 18 cents a minute?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Buyers leaving other than pos FB does not make them a bad buyer. They can quite easily run into a string on non-compliant sellers. Perhaps that sea of red and gray is the only time they leave FB? Perhaps they have thousands of successful buying experiences that they do not leave FB for? In that event, the reds and grays are possibly a small %.

Phoning will do next to no good. It uses up your time and all you get is aggravation. You are far better off clicking the report buyer button. The buyer is still active as the other sellers never reported that buyer. Who's fault is that?

I have not telephoned eBay, about a transaction, in possibly over a year. It was so long ago I do not remember. Not gonna waste my time or theirs. The last neg I received, I clicked the report buyer button. Took a week, maybe, and the neg went away. No muss, no fuss, no stress. If it is not going to go away, oh well.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I did use the report buyer feature...but as I did not receive a negative from the buyer ( i gave a full refund before seeing what kind of buyer I was dealing with) I really had nothing to report other than this persons high standards which in all likelihood are impossible to meet 90% of the time....the whole point  of my original post was not about reporting buyers but preventing certain types of buyers from buying from me in the first place....

maybe a buyer is justified in not paying....but he still can get a strike

maybe a buyer is justified in leaving bad feedback but if he leaves it in a majority of transactions more than 50% of the time with separate transactions than alarm bells should be ringing!!! I as a seller should not have to enter into a selling contract with a buyer like that If I choose not to.....

Message 7 of 7
latest reply