Bought item as guest now i cant track it.

huuwas
Community Member

Hello,

Hi, i bought an item as a guest because i didnt have an account and now i have an account but i cannot track it nor can i contact Ebay about it because it says i havent bought that item. what do i do!?! i haven't gotten it and its been 3 weeks!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Did you pay through PayPal?

If so, contact the seller at the email address you will find in the "details" page for this transaction.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

i have done that but its the ebay tracking number, i do know it was shipped that much is true but i cant use the ebay tracking number and that is what im trying to get a hold of to find out where it is.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

"i do know it was shipped "

Once again - contact the seller (using the PayPal address you have used to pay) and ask.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

The ebay shipping number.....Is this a global shipping program transaction and you want to track the package from Kentucky?  I think that the seller should have received that number and should be able to check on it for you.

If it is coming from the U.S., a 2 - 3 weeks delivery time isn't that unusual and the odd time it can take a little longer. If it already 3 weeks now and the seller can't give you any information,  you might want to file an item not received claim through Paypal in the later part of next week.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

If you paid by Paypal there will be a record on that account.

Paypal has its own Resolution Centre and they will help you.

If the seller is in the USA and used the Global Shipping Program, your item went to their plant in Kentucky and from there there is no public tracking. But you, as a buyer, don't care.

If the seller (or the GSP) cannot prove DELIVERY, Paypal will refund you and get their money back from the shipper.

The item will take around 20 days from payment to arrive.

You have up to 45 days to complain through Paypal. Allow the 2O days to elapse, but file the dispute before Day 42.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

If the seller is in the USA and used the Global Shipping Program, your item went to their plant in Kentucky and from there there is no public tracking. But you, as a buyer, don't care.

That's incorrect.  A gsp parcel is trackable.

Obviously the buyer does care. I personally don't pay much attention to tracking and I'm sure that you don't either but that is because we know that packages almost always make it to their destination. Buyers don't always know that and for some, it is important to them to know what is going on...especially when it is taking a long time and when the seller is not communicating.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Since buyers do care (pointlessly) about tracking, just when and where can they get that GSP tracking number?

Is it sent to the buyer by email? Or in an eBay message?

Or is it really a Delivery Confirmation number, which would be even less useful, since it doesn't turn up until the package is actually delivered?

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

The tracking number is with the transaction in the same place that any transaction is. But as I said, there is often a delay in that number being posted...I have no idea why.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply