Buyer Claims Defective Item

Hello,

I sold a Game Boy Advanced Micro.  The buyer left positive feedback.

Now  the buyer is saying that the unit won't charge.  I KNOW it charged - I charged it to take pictures of the unit working!

In short - will I have to accept a return?  How do I know buyer  hasn't opened the shell and put defective innards, or replaces it with their own defective power supply?  I know the unit worked flawlessly.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Add the buyer to your blocked bidders list today.

If it has been less than 45 days since end of sale, ask the buyer to return the item at their expense. Once you have the item back, make sure it is the same item and then refund the purchase price plus original shipping price. You do not have to reimburse their out of pocket shipping costs.

I would suggest reimbursing out of pocket shipping costs to a buyer only if the seller did something wrong like send the wrong item or if the item wasn't described properly.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Add the buyer to your blocked bidders list today.

If it has been less than 45 days since end of sale, ask the buyer to return the item at their expense. Once you have the item back, make sure it is the same item and then refund the purchase price plus original shipping price. You do not have to reimburse their out of pocket shipping costs.

I would suggest reimbursing out of pocket shipping costs to a buyer only if the seller did something wrong like send the wrong item or if the item wasn't described properly.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply