Buyer Requirements are on all Listings now?

Just noticed that our buyer requirements activity log(you can find this activity log under the site preferences link in the drop down menu under accounts on top left side of my eBay page) Is set to refuse almost all scenarios

when I tried to revise any of our 30K items I found that not only had the buyer requirements block been put on all of them, but revising them was not working, the blocks could not be removed

this Is problematic when coupled with the mass listing sales clogging the site with so many duplicate listings, the sales are slow and now customers are being blocked from purchasing against our wills as sellers.

Is this happening to anybody else?

Yikes

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Problem is gone, all listings have normal buyer requirements now. Hurray!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

None of mine have been changed but I had a few of them checked off already.

Near the bottom of the page you can check off  "Apply above settings to active and future listings."

If you change your settings in that area, check that box off and then save it, do your listings still have blocks that you don't want?

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

That does not work for our settings, nothing seems to work, and eBay techs have no explanation other than it is a known issue and they are working on it

in the meanwhile the fees are charged like clockwork, but the sales are not here any longer, it feels like eBay is slipping into a second tier site slowly, this will be where the big box stores get rid of their overstock in the future maybe

ouch

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Problem is gone, all listings have normal buyer requirements now. Hurray!

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Helo,i got oposite problem.I want to block new bidders,because always-is happend 3times new buyer bid and win my items,but no contacted me and not paid for items.now i want to set blocking for new with zero feedback,but only what working is"blocking from country to i dont want to ship"this is perfectly working.i tested this.

here is pictures before seting and after save and revising item.

I selling on ebay.ca because is easy to set shipping cost outside Czech republick,not like in US  ebay.

Know someone how this fixed.first picture is what i want to set and second is after saved my preference is not saved.

Thanks for answers.

blocking.jpeg

notblocking.jpeg

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

We can\t Block new buyers.

If you really want to Block newbies, there are a couple of workarounds.

You can list at Fixed Price and add Immediate Payment Required.

You can Block bidders who do not have an active PP account.

You can Block bidders who already have Unpaid Item Strikes.

But, I can guess why you are having problems.

First you are shipping from the Czech Republic.  Your newbies may suddenly notice that and panic.

Second, you do not have a shipping charge loaded. You can use Fixed Rate shipping and set different rates for several different destinations. The buyer then will see how much his purchase will cost BEFORE he confirms his bid.

Third, well, not to be judgemental, but video gamers are... some of my best friends are gamers. I\ve even made the odd one the sandwich, but they tend to be ... living with .testosterone poisoning. Not an easy demographic.

You pretty well have to live with the demographic, but you can change the other two.

Be sure to open and complete the Unpaid Item Disputes for the unpaids. Not only does this get your fees back, but it gives the deadbeats a Strike, that will make it harder for them to bid and buy on eBay.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Yes i know,but this is not my point.i need blocming new users withouth feedback,but is bot working.and if not gaved paypal account.this is not working too.i tested this.and if i from czech republick is not problem for buyers.But i angry for not comunication and not paying.in january i got 4sold items,but only one payed.buyers not new,got 100%feedback.i try many time,only one option is saved"country to i dont ship"if i set specifick country,cannot bid.yes i know about fixed price.I dont know how set diferent shipping price for differend country.Shipping price outsite czech republick with 125grams weight same 9dolars.I nowopened next unpaid item case.but what from this?only wasted time.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

There is no way to block zero feedback buyers.

Are you setting up your other blocks through your my ebay page? Click on Accounts at the top of the page, Site Requirements, Buyer Requirements. Click on Show next to Buyer Requirements and then edit.

Setting shipping prices will definitely help to cut down on unpaid items but the only way to eliminate them is to list at a fixed price with immediate payment required. If someone bids on your item thinking that shipping will be just 4 or 5 dollars and then you send them an invoice for $10...they probably will decide not to pay. You want them to know ahead of time what they will be paying as it can help prevent other problems later on.

On the locations where you do have shipping you show that you are using Canada Post. In you are not in Canada you obviously aren't using it and saying that you are can also cause problems. You should be using the category Standard or Economy shipping from outside Canada. You could set up one price to Canada, one to the United States, one to Europe and then average another price for other countries. It isn't perfect but it is better than having no shipping price.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I cannot list like from czech Republic shipping, like if i live in Canada(shipping by canada post) because real czech version ebay not exist. I set real item location, my city and county and country. and always in description i say, i lm from czech republic, shipping has provided by czech post office.And is mutch better set same shipping price for worlwide shipping like setting to specifick country separately... and i know fixed price must immediately payment. But always is not solution for seling games.
and before i send invoice in past with correct price buyer paid by checkout.

Thanks i try to look on preference. 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Now is all settint saved. thanks for solution. I got in myall listing note abput zero feedback buyers must contact me before bidding.
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Most people do not read everything in the listing. Why bother having zero feedback buyers contact you? What are you going to say..pay or else? I know each seller's experience is different but I rarely have problems with zero feedback buyers.

Yes I know that you can not list the same way as a Canadian does which is why I gave you suggesting on how to do the shipping. Many Canadians list on .com rather than .ca and we still show shipping for the countries that we ship to.

It is misleading to say you are using Canada Post as it suggests that they will get their item fairly quick and there will be no duties or taxes due.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Why?For i know about buyer realy want my items and want to pay for this.

On com is insertion fee,on ca not and on com is problem with shipping pricw,if i want to set calculated,i must change item location.and in ca is same.and calculated shipping is not still real tp shipping price from czech post,because on com is shippibg price from us post and on ca from canadian post.and is not mutch complicated for set shippibg price.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I didn't say to use calculated shipping. Use flat rate shipping as you are now but instead of saying you are using Canada Post, use the "shipping from outside of Canada" option. It is one of the choices that you will see in the shipping service pulldown.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply