Buyer claims they did not receive item

My buyer claims that they did not receive their item. However, Canada Post tracking shows that the item was delivered. I contacted Canada Post who said that they would put a trace on it and contact me within five business days. A reference number for the contact I made with Canada Post was included in my ebay communication with the buyer. Is there anything else I should do in the meantime? I don't want to risk negative feedback on my profile, but if the tracking shows delivered, they could possibly be trying to burn me.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Nothing to do, unless communicate with buyer. If you will receive Neg. contact ebay, provide tracking

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Did you give the buyer the delivery confirmation number that indicates the package was delivered?  A reference number for the contact to Canada Post is not proof the item was delivered. The delivery confirmation number is what you will need if the buyer files an item not received dispute. Hopefully they won't but if they do, respond with the delivery confirmation number through the dispute only. It may take a couple of days for ebay to confirm delivery using the number and then they will side with you.

Add the buyer to your blocked bidders list.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

However, Canada Post tracking shows that the item was delivered.

Give the Delivery Confirmation number to the buyer and suggest that he ask family members if they brought in the parcel without telling him. Tell him also to go to his PO and ask there about the parcel, taking the DC number with him.

If it comes to a Dispute, the DC number will show that the item has been delivered and the buyer will lose the Dispute. Which would be tough noogies on him if the postie dropped it in the wrong mailbox.

Politely- Captain Malcolm Reynolds.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply