Buyer complaining about something not mentioned on listing

We all try to describe our items to the best of our ability. Buyer is complaining about something I did not see any problem with. The item is a manual camera lens and he complains it is unusable and aperture is slow and needs repair. Clearly if that was an issue, I would mention it!

He wants full refund to pay for repair or refund plus paid shipping back to me. Help!

What choices do I have in my best I interests? Accepting the lens back would mean custom fees for me and may exceed the value of the item in the end.

Thank you 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

"Accepting the lens back would mean custom fees for me"

All the buyer has to do is show "return to seller" on the Customs declaration.  No duty or tax will be charged.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

He wants full refund to pay for repair or refund plus paid shipping back to me. Help!

Any time there is a request for a refund, full or partial, for a repair, I have to suspect there is nothing wrong with the item. After all, there is little reason to believe that a repair would work at all, so why pay for one?

Tell the buyer to return the item for a full refund. Yes, he might leave a neg, but you can Respond to any feedback. "Refused to return for full refund." would cover it.
If he goes to Paypal for a refund, they will require him to return the item on his own dime. And he will not be allowed to leave feedback, I believe, if he loses the case by refusing to return.

That's Standard Practice.

That being said, Best Practice, is following the steps above, BUT  if it turns out the buyer is right, and it does happen, the seller should be refunding the return shipping.

Whatever you do, do NOT expect the buyer to leave you positive feedback. No matter how many barrels you bend over.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply