Buyer didn't pay within a week. What to do?

Hi

Buyer didn't pay yet, it's been a week and I've sent an invoice at 5th day.

What to do next? ..... I write him/her a mail?

and if he/she never pays?

After how much time without payment can we .conclude. buyer won't pay and that it's time to report the buyer?

thank you very much for helping me

manon

Can't find what you are looking for at discount? Ask me to hunt for it to get a great deal!
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You could have reported them after four days although I consider a week is friendlier.

You have waited long enough do it now.

Four days after you open the dispute close it unless of course they have paid.

What to do when a buyer doesn't pay (unpaid item process)

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

oh I thought I had read that buyers have 'officially' 5 days to make payment (?)... i thought it might be for waiting for other auctions to end and then group items. It made sense to me.

but then, I have to hurry 😕

thanks for the info!!

Can't find what you are looking for at discount? Ask me to hunt for it to get a great deal!
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I find that many buyers are acting like I'm layaway. But either way you are doomed. Start a case and they are livid at you. Don't and you lose again. I recently had one who was 5 days from purchase tell me that he had been attempting to pay me for days and that his other payments were going through no problems to other buyers. I suggested he contact Paypal as I had received payments all day and one between emails this buyer. A couple days later as he had not paid and I decided to check his feedback. He has paid no one since May and its now November. What are we to do? This system protects buyers but relies on me the Seller and I feel we are hung out to dry. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Always file unpaid item disputes against non payer. Four days is the minimum but you can give a little more time to pay.

Four days after filing the dispute, close it if payment still hasn't been received.

Always add the non payer to your blocked bidders list.

If you haven't done so already, set your buyer requirements in My Ebay > Account > Site Preferences to block bidders with 2 or more unpaid item strikes in the past 12 months, 4 or more policy violations in the past 6 month, in countries you do not ship to or who do not have a paypal account.

Non paying buyers deserve unpaid item strikes.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply