Buyer didn't read description and want's to Cancel.

Accepted an offer of $5.55 and $2 shipping for something new in package.  In the first line of the description it says 

Please note this game package will be opened and taken out of the package so it will fit in smaller shipping standard.

.  After I accept the offer, buyer emails me and say's If im going to open it he doesnt want it.

Emailed back with a cancel transaction and explained it would cost more to ship the item item than he paid in total.

Will that effect my nebulous DEFECT rate?

Sent from my Ipod Shuffle
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

There is an option of something like "customer bought by mistake". No defect for that is what the understanding is.

Basically, my understanding, anytime we do a refund, followup with a cancellation request that points to the buyer.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

If you selected buyer changed mind/made mistake on the cancellation request it will not count as a defect.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@productaxi wrote:

Accepted an offer of $5.55 and $2 shipping for something new in package.  In the first line of the description it says 

Please note this game package will be opened and taken out of the package so it will fit in smaller shipping standard.

.  After I accept the offer, buyer emails me and say's If im going to open it he doesnt want it.

Emailed back with a cancel transaction and explained it would cost more to ship the item item than he paid in total.

Will that effect my nebulous DEFECT rate?

You listed this as  New in package.                  If you remove it from the package the item will be SNAD.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Actually, Nu is correct, it would no longer be "new in package". Buyer has to receive it in the condition advertised.
Photobucket
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Last November I had a buyer from Europe who purchased few dozens of my postcards and some books, we had great exchange of emails and she explained me about her situation regarding expected delayed payment, etc. 

Everything looked proper and she asked me to reverse the sale of three cards because she realized later that she has them.

I said "no problem", asked her to confirm to eBay my request for transactions' reversals and everything went smoothly.

But today I have 3 cancelled transactions (out of stock or sold to someone else) on my record which is not exactly my case.

I am even thinking to call eBay to discuss these improper marks, but I am just not sure that somebody there will be willing to discuss so old transaction and to correct it.

Probably will be just a waste of time...

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I've heard that if you call ebay they may remove them (it may take multiple calls) but I have also heard that they are telling people that they can't remove old defects under the defect system goes into effect in August.

I received a couple of defects for previous (non defect) cancelled transactions too but that shouldn't be happening now.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I also got 'out of stock' defect from eBay for exact reason you give. I did call eBay and was told that in Aug review, that defect not deserved will be removed. Let us see.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I'm not so sure those old out of stock defects are counted. I "think" they have thrown them all into that catch-all bin and I had heard a theory that those will be not counted as of Aug 20.
Photobucket
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I get that too many times myself so I am NOT looking forward to August that is no fault of mine, regarless of what. 

Thanks to those morons that we are getting and will be getting more and then we get many "defects"!!

Message 10 of 10
latest reply