Buyer hasn't paid but i'm still charged Final value fees

So I sold a laptop and the buyer said he would but still hasn't paid and it's been 2 weeks. I got charged final value fees today and i'm really starting to get **bleep** off at eBay. I am going to cancel the order.  Can I get that money back?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

eBay charges you a fee when you sell

PayPal charges you a fee when you collect

If a buyer does not pay within four days of the transaction follow these instructions:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

The final value fees (FVF) will be credited back to your account a few days after the end of the process.

Do not cal cancel the order - you may lose your fee refund if you do.  Just follow the correct procedure as outlined in the link.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Don't get **bleep** at E-Bay,,,  four days after the sale ended and you didn't get paid, YOU should have opened an Unpaid Item Case,,, four days later close the case,,get your fees back and move on,,,

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

eBay charges you a fee when you sell

PayPal charges you a fee when you collect

If a buyer does not pay within four days of the transaction follow these instructions:

The final value fees (FVF) will be credited back to your account a few days after the end of the process.

Do not cal cancel the order - you may lose your fee refund if you do.  Just follow the correct procedure as outlined in the link.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I actual just canceled the order a couple of hours ago. Is there still a way to get a refund?

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@surplus_discounts wrote:

I actual just canceled the order a couple of hours ago. Is there still a way to get a refund?

Depends what reason you choose for the cancellation. If you picked the wrong reason you won't get your fees back and you will get a defect!

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I chose because the buyer accepted to cancel the order or problem with adress

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

"I chose because the buyer accepted to cancel the order ...."

Did the buyer actually agreed in writing to cancel the order?  Or is it your conclusion since no payment was received yet?

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Well here is the thing he said he was going to pay about a week ago and I tried messaging him but he never answered so I don't know what else to do. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@surplus_discounts wrote:

Well here is the thing he said he was going to pay about a week ago and I tried messaging him but he never answered so I don't know what else to do. 

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply