Buyer hasn't paid or responded to my email...can I relist my item?

Hello all, 

I sold a shirt on eBay that was sold on Thursday 10 October. It sold for $810CAD - it was initially being bid on sensibly and then suddenly spiked in price. I assumed the buyer had made an error in bidding and emailed them regarding this. No response. I realise it's only been 24 hours since my email to the buyer but I would like to relist it rather than wait around. 

Thanks for any tips 🙂

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I usually give the buyer 48 hours & then send a Friendly Payment Reminder through eBay messages.

If the message is not returned in four days file an Unpaid Item Dispute. It will take an additional four days before you can close the dispute. Once closed you will receive your Final Fees back.

Not sure, but if you relist the item before the dispute has run its course, you may not receive your final value fees back.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Of course that top is not worth $810.

The high bid was $14.50 (makes sense) until less than two minutes before the scheduled end of the auction listing when the winning bidder came in with quick increasing bids until it passed the previous (unseen) high bid of $800.

I expect someone made a mistake somewhere. You will have to file for non-payment, wait four days to get your FVF credited to your account and then relist the item.

Follow instructions given by eBay in the Resolution Centre: http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/resolving-problems.html

Good Luck

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you both for your input...I have started the resolution process so hopefully things will sort themselves out ASAP. 

Pierre, you mentioned FVF...is this the Final Value Fee? I was a bit worried as ebay says that I owe $75 in selling fees...will they charge me that fee if I haven't been paid for the item? I'm guessing they won't, just not sure as haven't been through this before. 

Thanks again 🙂 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Ah, yes bb...you answered my question about fees. Cheers! 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply