Buyer hasn't picked up parcel at post office. What do I do?

Buyer didn't pay until Ebay sent reminder.   I mailed parcel after receiving payment.  Canada Post tracking shows parcel arrived in five days and delivery attempted and notice left.  Parcel still not picked up at post office, and Canada Post indicates parcel will be returned.  What are my responsibilities as a seller?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

When you get the package back, you reimburse the buyer.

EBay does allow you to charge a restocking fee, and in my opinion that should equal the cost of shipping. Your buyer might disagree and leave appropriate feedback.

Was there anything leading up to the payment that indicated that the buyer was no longer interested ? For example, did the buyer ask for a bid cancellation before he won? Such requests should be agreed to immediately, to avoid exactly the situation you are in now.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks for your reply. The buyer did not give any indication that they did not want to go through with the transaction. I would have been willing to cancel if that had been the case. In view of the bad weather in Eastern Canada, it may be that they have not been able to get to the post office.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply