Buyer payment time guidelines..friend sold his Harley

A friend of mine sold his Harley on here, he got a deposit , and now 6 days have gone by with no contact from the buyer...He has mailed the buyer a few times now

I advised him to look up contact info for the buyer and call on the phone

In his listing he gave no specific timeline to finish payment ....

How long has the buyer actualy got to finish paying ?

Should he do the non paying buyer thing ?

Thank you

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Buyer payment time guidelines..friend sold his Harley

I advised him to look up contact info for the buyer and call on the phone

Thank you

Good advice

Is it going to be a local pickup or does he have to ship it.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I would think the buyer may not be in a big hurry as will not be riding any time soon. But i would not be shipping an item worth that kind of cash unless they sent with a certified cheque or money order and i would not be buying it unless it was local pick up so i could inspect it.

I would give it a few more days and then pull their contact info and give them a call

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I think he figured the guy was from overseas to start with , this is not a local pickup sale.

No worrys about the bike leaving till its paid for in full... and the cash is cleared.

He more is a little out of the loop as to what he should/ can do .

I know he got the deposit on it..but the buyer has stopped comunicateing with him and he is a little unsure what next

quite honestly i only buy stuff on here and pay right away..so im little help

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Yea ...7300$ is not something you play with

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

The listing number would help as then we could see what we are talking about. If it is an overseas buyer, there is a whole range of variables that come into play. If ya like, you can visit us over on Motors Board on  dot com:

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/forum/Ebay-Motors/20?

We get this kind of thing on a regular basis. We will want a look at the original listing, some idea of who, what, when, where, the buyer is.

It is possible it is a scam. It is possible it is a straight-up deal. There are a number of "scam" nuances we, over there, are familiar with. There are folks there that have sold internationally, quite successfully.

Six days with no contact, when there are no deadlines in a listing, is not unusual. Buyer may have bought and is now going "Now WTF do I do?". Probably trying to figure out shipping. Shipping, if they are "away", may scuttle the deal.

All hard to say with the sketchy info. 🙂

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

At your advice i reposted it over on motors site I also included the listing number

I hope my friend is ok with that 😉

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

The listing number really changed things. Looks like the "buyer" bid on 14 bikes in an hour.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply