Buyer says item has not been received. Seller has receipt it was sent but no tracking number. Why

d*3*j*
Community Member

Buyer says he hasnt received an item.  Seller has receipt from Post office saying it was sent.  Why is seller responsible to send buyer a refund?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Just because you have the receipt dosen't mean that you a...

rykkm
Community Member

Unfortunately, Ebay and Paypal require proof of delivery, such as tracking number showing item has been delivered. With no tracking, buyer can claim as not received and seller has very little recourse. You could go to the post office and initiate a search, but even then, I am not sure Ebay/Paypal would consider that as proof if Post Office says it was delivered. It may very well have been delivered, left on a doorstep or in front of a door, and someone stole it, or it was delivered, but to incorrect address. Hope it wasnt an expensive item.

Cuppa Joe!

Rick
"Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity" - Frank Leahy
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Just because you have the receipt dosen't mean that you a...

Just because you have the receipt dosen't mean that you are off the hook. You opted out of getting a tracking number for your parcel. Yes, I understand getting one is expensive but that is the business decision you took. When you decided to begin selling online and using the postal service to get your items to the correct destination, you take the risk of using the postal system. While most items get delivered, some do not. That's the risk you take. And when the risk turns sour, you chalk the instance up as a business loss and move on.

If you're still upset, put yourself in the buyers shoes. You pay for the shipping and the item, and are excited to receive it. But after some time has passed, you don't get anything. You message the seller, but the seller's response is "I mailed it, I have a receipt, sorry but not sorry". No. That's not how business works.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply