Buyer sold fake item to me, I want to get a refund, but she asked me to send it back first, otherwise she won't give me a refund

vickydream1106
Community Member

Hi, I got this Mcqueen scarf from the buyer, when I got it, you can tell it, it is fake!! But the buyer said that she got it from Net A Porter, it is not fake....untill I showed her all the avidences about the scarf is being fake.

She opened a case with me, but the case is cancel trasation, and she said i supposed to accept it.

However, when I went into the page for respond, Ebay showed up saying "You should only accept the cancellation request if you haven't paid yet or you've already received your refund from the seller."

So I contacted the sellar again, but she refused to pay me back first. She said she will only pay me back untill she gets her scarf back. And she is not going to refund my shipping, also I have to pay extra to ship the item back to her.

Should I respond the case? Or open another case to the buyer with "I received an item that does not match the seller's description."

If I respond to the "Seller wants to cancel this transaction." can I still recieve my money back? Or no.....?

Please help me, I am really confused..Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Buyer sold fake item to me, I want to get a refund, but she asked me to send it back first, otherwise she won't give me a refund

Hi vickydream..  Seller should not have sent the cancellation. Deny it.

Stop the back and forth.

Go to the resolution center in your PayPal account and open an item not as described dispute. Be sure to escalate to a claim.

Wait PP's instruction. They will advise what to do. PP requires return at your expense with on line tracking. for a full refund of payment. Use US Expedited. Up load the tracking # to the open claim in PP.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Hi vickydream..  Seller should not have sent the cancellation. Deny it.

Stop the back and forth.

Go to the resolution center in your PayPal account and open an item not as described dispute. Be sure to escalate to a claim.

Wait PP's instruction. They will advise what to do. PP requires return at your expense with on line tracking. for a full refund of payment. Use US Expedited. Up load the tracking # to the open claim in PP.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply