Buyers buy at the most inconvenient times for me!

Before anyone gets up in arms, I am joking....

I couldn't help myself it seems buyers do so many things wrong... but it is funny that just as I'm about to go out the door to the post office on a Friday, "ping" goes my email and here's a buyer, or on the day I have a dentist appointment or something "ping, ping, ping" everyone decides to buy, and of course the days I have lots of time "no pings"!

I am thankful that there are "pings", could always use more though!

Hope you got a chuckle and have a great day.....

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Smiley Happy  Pings are Good.

Can i take your word on it.

I have to get my teeth cleaned friday at three.

Looking forward to those extra sales.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Nothing better than a "ping" 🙂

And I've been getting a quite  few lately

But your right about them coming when you have other things too do. LOL

Wishing you many more!!!!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I totally understand what you mean! Many times, I wake up Saturday morning with a new purchase in my selling history (made during the night or late on Friday). And it often happen during a 3 day weekend. Since I don't ship anything during the weekend, I always send a note to the buyer hoping he will not dinged my DSR for that. Most of the times, buyers are understanding. But it happened a few times where the buyer was not.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The ones I worry about are the Canadian long weekends that Americans (and others) may know nothing about, such as our Thanksgiving, Canada Day, or the provincial holidays.  Getting a sale late on a Friday in those situations means I immediately contact my buyer to let them know there will likely be a longer than usual shipping time -- in my area, even if I get the parcel to the P.O. on Saturday a.m. before they close, it goes nowhere until Tuesday a.m. on long weekends.  

When I lived in Victoria, BC, I once had to explain to a US buyer that it was the British Columbia long weekend, and her parcel would be mailed out first thing Tuesday.  Her reply: Oh, Tuesday is fine, but is British Columbia part of Canada? (OK, all you Easterners and Westerners, don't get started now....!!!) Woman Very Happy

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Long weekends are a Canada Post holiday.....  with no mail pickup at a postal outlet

and if you listen carefully....

Some of our holidays occur at the same time as a US holiday....

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

There were three sales late last night....

Yet they are all ready to go to the post office this morning....

Sales are sales, and money in the bank.

eBay is 24/7

Message 7 of 7
latest reply