Buyers like this should be banned

Does anyone know why buyers like this should be allowed on eBay?

Here is the scam. You buy something... then leave a negative.

Once you get a refund you 'revise' your feedback to a positive. If no refund, negative feedback remains. Count the negatives she's left and the revised... there's over 500.

I've reported her to eBay but they continue to allow her to continue.....

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

First thing I did - and I recommend everyone reading this post does the same - was to add the name to my "blocked bidder list".

I suggest you ask that question tomorrow at 1:00pm from eBay staff during the Board Hour.  While they will not address that specific situation (privacy concerns) they may give general policy and guidance for other users.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Almost every positive they left has been revised ...that's crazy. Surely ebay should have something set up so that they can automatically catch abusers like that.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Apparently I'm now allowed to post a link to the members profile page any more.

I sure wish RottinBidders would come back. It's complete **bleep** because eBay penalizes sellers based on feedback and DSR ratings and do NOTHING to prevent the buyers who deliberately steal and hold feedback as ransom.  Theft is theft.

I want this selling option:

Block BUYERS who have:

- filed [_] charge backs in the past 30 days

- left [_] negative feedback in the past 30 days

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

You should still ask the question to the eBay.ca staff tomorrow.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I had filed the reports..... and waited.

I called in and talked to the person on the phone (30+ minutes) then waited another 20+ minutes to talk to his supervisor then spent an hour on the phone with him. They just simply refuse to take action against this buyer.

I'm now on my way to Facebook and start posting there. Social Media was made for public complaints, right? Man Happy

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@jccustomprint wrote:

I want this selling option:

Block BUYERS who have:

- filed [_] charge backs in the past 30 days

- left [_] negative feedback in the past 30 days

Seconded!

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

A quick look this morning shows that the buyer has not purchased anything in the last two weeks.

Maybe, just maybe, eBay did get involved and suspended the buyer's buying/bidding privileges. For privacy reasons, eBay will never confirm such move.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I assume the idea behind this is to "scare" some sellers into giving a refund without returning the item?  Otherwise, what does this stupid buyer expect to achieve, aside from getting some sort of deviant jollies?  If a seller insists on return of the item before refunding, the buyer hasn't gained a thing.

What this idiotic perpetrator doesn't realize is that with the new defect system, once the buyer has left a negative, the damage is done, and revising the FB to a positive won't change that at all (unless the seller can get the FB removed by eBay on the basis of the buyer's behaviour history).   

Given the current defect system, there is no ammunition to use to extort a refund out of a seller, so anybody who thinks this scheme is clever will only succeed in eventually getting themselves blocked all over the place and (hopefully) banned from eBay. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply