Buying an item as a guest/registering for an account/guest information being lost now

lauren616
Community Member

I purchased an item as a guest, I received the confirmation email labelled Guest Order Email; however, in the "Guest Order Email" it mentions upgrading to an ebay account and all that's needed is the information in the "Guest Order Email" so I went ahead and created an account well now I haven't received the item I purchased and now I can't even find where I bought this item in my purchase history. The first email is all I have of proof, I am unable in every way to login as a guest, I have tried everything! I even tried calling ebay and was on hold for 33 mins! I just want to figure out if anyone else has had this problem and what if anything I might be able to do. Thanks 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Buying an item as a guest/registering for an account/guest information being lost now

I'm in the same boat.  I can't track my item either.  I can't get a hold of anyone at ebay, I don't know who the seller is.  I'm piggy backing on your question.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@lauren616 wrote:

I purchased an item as a guest, I received the confirmation email labelled Guest Order Email; however, in the "Guest Order Email" it mentions upgrading to an ebay account and all that's needed is the information in the "Guest Order Email" so I went ahead and created an account well now I haven't received the item I purchased and now I can't even find where I bought this item in my purchase history. The first email is all I have of proof, I am unable in every way to login as a guest, ...

One of the problems reported with buying as "Guest" is when purchasers have the same email for both their Guest purchase and their eBay account.

Does your "Guest Order Email" have a delivery date time range?

How did you pay for your "Guest" purchase -- through paypal or via credit card?

-..-

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Okay guys-- did you open a Paypal account and use that to buy?

If you did, you can open a Dispute there.

The Resolution Centre is hidden under Tools at the top of your PP account page.

Open an Item Not Received dispute.

The first suggestion is to Contact the seller and that is only polite.

(Note, Chinese shipments are very very slow due to CBSA problems with fentanyl and Canada Post problems with UPU payments. And most low value shipments come in by Surface which has never been fast to begin with.)

All you ask the seller is "When was this mailed? What service was used? What is the tracking number?"

The only acceptable answers are a VALID tracking number or your money refunded.

An offer of a replacement is NOT acceptable. This is a common scam.

If you don't get one of those, go back to PP and ask them to step in and escalate to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

If you used a credit card, go to the 1-800 number on the back of the card and ask about a chargeback.

You will need information like the eBay transaction number, date, currency *, to help the clerk process your refund.

ProTip:  Feedback is mostly public relations, but any seller with less than 98% positive feedback is a poor seller.

Read the feedback if the seller has 99% or less. 

You are safer buying within North America until you are used to online shopping. Most Chinese sellers are honest, and do have great deals, but there are a lot of them and 1% of 100,000,000 is 1,000,000. 

*You may actually make money on foreign exchange.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply