Archive 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Restricting use of outdated Internet Security Protocol

Hi eBay Members, eBay has decided to restrict the use of outdated Internet Security Protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined that it does not meet our standards. As such, some Turbo Lister users could see some connectivity issues. For more infor...

Holiday Returns available in Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users, The option to apply Holiday Returns in Turbo Lister is now available in the Beta version of the program. When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are th...

HolidayReturns.jpg

Recent Issues w/Turbo Lister Sign In

Hi Turbo Lister Users, A recent Windows update has caused some programs, including Turbo Lister, to crash. To sign-in to Turbo Lister before the improved Windows update is released, please follow these steps: Open Internet Explorer Open the Tools men...

New eBay Format

Well 6:30am I got my shock when I logged onto My eBay to look at my sales history etc and saw the new format. I honestly dont know what to say at this stage except that it threw me for a loop. Its like shopping at the same grocery store every day, yo...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 14 replies
  • 0 helpful

Miss the store categories and search box? Try this link

We had a eBay store but realized it didn't work well for us and we couldn't justify keeping it just for the organization and the ability for customers to easily search all our listings. We put a new link in this weeks auctions and we have been gettin...

Another fake notice

Just got in: Dear eBay user, During our regular update and verification of the accounts we could not verify your current information. Either your information has changed or it is incomplete. As a result your access to your eBay account will be restri...

• 33 replies
  • 0 helpful

Square trade wants rights over our auctions now??? Ebay AGREES???

This is the second time in the last month that eBay has seemingly agreed with giving another company rights over our auctions. They had a small banner that advertised our auctions could help win our favorite charity some money if we would just sign u...

How do I contact my PS rep?

I can't remember how to contact my PS rep. I want to report a seller YET AGAIN for selling bootleg copies of a dvd. I've reported him so many times yet he still sells them. He is hurting so many honest sellers with this but ebay never does a darn thi...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Market Research Programs

Hi, I would just like to know if anyone here uses any type of market research program. I was looking at the one Andale offers and there's one by Worldwide Brands. I wanted to find out what kind of things work and don't work with eBay and average pric...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Listing Pulled!

I listed a Corningware Percolator which was immediately pulled. Ebay explained it was a recall by Corning and none of these items would be allowed on ebay anymore. Problem is, if you do a search, you will see many now and many sold. Has anybody had t...

I need advice for a Canada Post Insurance Claim

After 4 years I have my first insurance claim with Canada Post. The item was shipped expedited to the US and was insured for $200.00 Canadian. On Monday it will be 30 days since it was mailed. How long does it usually take to get a claim approved? Wi...

Do you need a PH.D. to understand my listings?

For the last three years I have included shipping costs in my listings. I would say Shipping/Handling is: Ontario/Quebec $x.xx Rest of Canada $x.xx US $x.xx Not once did I get a question about shipping costs to the US!!! This week I decided to spruce...

Difficulty editing my about ME page

I am having difficulty getting in to edit my About ME page. I have followed the correct links starting at my About Me page and then I get to "edit HTML" click on this and it says that I don't have an About Me page! Can anyone help?

Mentioning our store in listings

Hello all, And greetings from Dorchester New Brunswick (just down the street from the big gothic hotel on the hill) It's a shorts and deckshoes day here. But I digress. I know this question has probably been asked and answered a dozen times, but here...

FB System Improvement

Different forms of this topic get bantered around on this forum as well as the US board quite often with different twists. A new one started on the US Board today and I came up with an idea I would like to share on this board for comments. I would li...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

New NPB Process Coming to Ebay

Just saw this in the announcements ***Coming Soon: New Unpaid Item (Non Paying Buyer) Process*** Date: 05/06/04 Time: 03:56:10 PM PDT Over the past few months, we have been soliciting input from the Community on the development of a new Unpaid Item p...

How to make buyers pay for PayPal fees!

Hi All! I just became a Powersellers today and am very pleased. I ship a lot of different items around and was actually shocked to find that I made Powersellers. I see that a lot of people complain about shipping and Paypal costs. First of all check ...

• 57 replies
  • 0 helpful

New UserID

Just formally announcing that I finally changed my eBay userid to resemble more closely my registered business name. Didnt want people panicking thinking that there were 2 Malcolms now on the boards. Malcolm

Time left on "Good 'Til Cancelled" Listings

The new My Ebay listings for Items Selling does not show the time remaining on "Good 'Til Cancelled" listings. These listings run for 30 days and then are automatically re-listed, and the old My eBay page showed you at a glance how much time was left...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Downgraded to Silver...

So today i received the email, YOU HAVE BEEN DOWNGRADED! Past two months have been hard since ive moved office and homes so very difficult but we did hit the $10,000 mark last month so im not too sure what the problem was...oh well, such a big loss f...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

looking for advice on html code in auctions

Hi, sorry if this is off-topic for the PowerSeller forum, but I'm hoping some of us have more skill in HTML than I do. My auctions have one picture on them, added using the eBay basic listing method. I don't have a website to link to pictures on. Wha...

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

payment option settings

I noticed that when the mandatory switch to My eBay 2.0 happened, some of my settings changed themselves. One of them is one that I hadn't noticed before, and it bugs me because there are two choices, neither which apply to me. Yet, I have to choose....

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buyer says Item Not Recieved - Canada Post says it delivered item ... HELP!

Hi, I sent a parcel Xpresspost within my province. Today I get an e-mail from the buyer and says he hasn't recieved the item yet. I checked online and then phoned Canada Post and they said that it was "delivered successfully" I then phoned the buyer ...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebay As A Business Advice

Hi, I've recently quit my "real" job as a senior manager of a group of 4 companies (the owner was totally insane - had enough after 6 years - but that's another story!), and have decided to make my Ebay hobby an actual business venture. I'm looking f...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

New Ebay...

I had my old "my ebay page" bookmarked in favourites so that I could glance at the daily sales, but with this new ebay I can't figure out how to bookmark "my ebay" page under favorites, has anyone figured this out? Thanks.

Where do buyers get off?

I honestly cant figure out the thought process of some buyers. I have a classical acoustic guitar listed that I managed to get a supply of at a very good price and, as such I am able to sell on eBay for a very good price. I even offered free shipping...

Non Paying Bidders and their feedback.

I'm not for starting a feedback war, but I was thinking, Once a seller asks for a fee credit and is given it, This is eBay admitting that the buyer did NOT PAY, which means that they broke the contract, why are they still allowed to leave feedback. U...

• 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

We're hosting an eBay Networking Event - Greater Toronto Area

After meeting lots of nice sellers at the eBay training recently held in Hamilton, Ontario, we've decided to host our own casual event to allow eBay sellers to mix and mingle and exchange ideas. Details below. You can post questions in response here,...

Delay in End of Auction E-Mails! HELP!

I just started a multiple item listing with a fixed price yesterday and have had 8 out of 9 units sell in the past two days. My problem is this: All the units that sold yesterday, I got an end of auction e-mail within seconds of a purchase. All the p...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Kudos to eBay

The recent change to the search function - which bring up store items in a buyers search (if there are less than 10 auction items fitting the search criteria) has really boosted my sales - I'm doing near Christmas volume, mostly from my store. Great ...

• 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

Shipping Suppliers in Toronto - Need Some Help! Please!

Hi, I am new to the message boards. Could you please give me a supplier's name as I live in Toronto and plan to be mailing a lot of products in the next month or two (I'm expanding!). I need very low cost boxes and padded envelopes. Could you please ...

• 32 replies
  • 0 helpful

HELPFUL and KEWL LINKS!!!

It occurred to me that it might be a good idea to start a thread with neat links we may have come across that help us with our auctions. Here are some to get it started. (I just posted them on another thread but figured it would be wise to start a LI...

• 22 replies
  • 0 helpful
Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.