payment option settings

shooger
Community Member
I noticed that when the mandatory switch to My eBay 2.0 happened, some of my settings changed themselves. One of them is one that I hadn't noticed before, and it bugs me because there are two choices, neither which apply to me. Yet, I have to choose.

The setting is "UPS shipping rates". The two options are "Yes I receive UPS Daily Rates and I want to offer them to my customers" or "No I do not receive UPS Daily Rates and I want to offer my customers UPS On-Demand rates."

Like I said, neither are correct. I don't get UPS "daily rates" but I don't want to offer "on demand" rates to my customers. In fact, I don't even know what those terms mean. I guess I'll select the second one.

Anyone else stumped and annoyed at this? Or have you not noticed it yet?
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

payment option settings

ospreylinks
Community Member
I hadn't noticed....

One of the things that I am curious about is the little box that changes colour when you ship the goods.

I don't use any Ebay services for shipping, and my Ebay says I have 23 outstanding items to ship (which I don't). Anyone know how to use this feature, or get rid of it?

Jeff
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

payment option settings

muminlaw
Community Member
Shooger, in Account - Preferences, there's a setting for offering UPS rates - I've said NO on that and I don't get the UPS Shipping Rates thing at all.

Jeff, as far as I can see you have to click the arrow by "actions" and choose shipped - separately - 1 at a time - for each of your 23 items - even if they all went to the same person!!! Same thing with paid, and every other option in that stupid column. I've also noticed that, if you ignore that column (which I'm tempted to do) and don't mark an item as PAID, then your buyer has a NOT PAID (or words to that effect) on his "My eBay Buying".

Not all of us use Checkout, and we don't want eBay forcing us to fit their preferred pattern, so I see this as a major problem and something that eBay needs to address very soon!

Glenda

Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

payment option settings

muminlaw
Community Member
Further to marking items paid on your My Ebay -- according to a poster on the dot com board, buyers can't leave feedback until the seller has marked the item paid! Looks like eBay is trying to address our pleas to do something about NPBs leaving feedback!

If that's the case, they'd better make it easier to mark 'em paid, especially in cases where one buyer buys multiple items! Surely it wouldn't be a major programming rewrite to add a bulk capability to the action column??!!!!

Glenda

Glenda

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

payment option settings

mevans_dot_net
Community Member
Glenda,
Has that been verified or was it just one confused buyer unable to navigate the feedback page? This is the first I've heard of it so I'll have adjust what I'm doing for my mailed in payments if its true. Obviously I want that feedback!
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

payment option settings

ultra-collections
Community Member
I hope they will change how we can mark the items if they are paid or shipped, in the mean time, I have found that opening two windows (right clicking on "Items I've sold) allows you to use one window to select "Mark Paid" and the other to "Mark Shipped". So you would start with User-A and mark paid, then click on the second window and Mark shipped for User-A, then return to the first window, it will have had time to reload and you can start over with User-B. I have found this saves alot of time, mainly because you are not sitting around waiting for a page to load. Don't worry, I am sure they will enable multiple selections for status updates in the next release.

Darrell
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

payment option settings

muminlaw
Community Member
mevans - no, it hasn't been confirmed - merely speculation (and possibly hope!) but I went to the "My EBay" board later and they're saying there that there's no way one person's actions can affect another person's My eBay.

I've got one marked "not paid" in my items I've won and it's been paid, he's left me feedback and I have the item in hand, so I'm going to email the seller and ask him to mark me paid on his my eBay and see if it does change things on mine. I'll let you know!

Glenda

Glenda

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

payment option settings

rewelu
Community Member
In response to the UPS rates.

#1: This only applies to US-based sellers.
#2: When you select shipping (when you list an item), it will give you the option to select UPS as the method of shipment. If you do not have this selected (which you probably don't) when you go through your listing. This preference deals with what rates it will show to the customers.
#3: Essentially, you are not based in the US, so just keep the setting to "I do not recieve UPS daily rates", or something to that nature. You, or listings, should not be affected.

Hendre
Message 8 of 8
latest reply