CP's Christmas Delievry Practice

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
I thought that I would give people a head's up about a practice CP has started over Christmas.

I just received an email from a customer informing me that the drum set sent for her diabled son's Christmas never arrived, despite the fact that the tracking info shows they were delivered to her house on Monday and she was home all day long.

She phoned CP and they refused to help her as I am CP's client and not her.

When I called CP, I was casually informed that the drums were probably taken to a local Postal Outlet and she will receive a notice sometime this week or next in the mail that she can come to pick them up.

So a premium payment is made for Express Post home delivery but the customer is expected to drive to a Shoppers Drug Mart to complete delivery and with a disabled child in tow, pick up 2 boxes, one of which weighs 23.4kg and the other 13.5 kg.

I wonder if this has anything to do with new housing divisions having the big mail boxes outside of their housing division and Canada Post wont do even Express Post delivery to their houses?

Malcolm

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

ospreylinks
Community Member
Malcolm,

I think the user agreeement on Express Post is that it doesn't guarantee door to door delivery, but only gets the items to the postal destination faster. And as per CP's practice, larger packages are not delivered door to door, but must be picked up at a postal outlet, regardless of level of service...EXCEPT. I believe if you use Priority Courier this is door to door.

Jeff
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
This is correct
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
Well you are going to love this as I update the day's events for this poor woman and the missing set of drums.

She has called 4 postal outlets in neighbouring communities as well as the major one in Oshawa. Computers have been down at all the outlets so they couldnt help her beyond telling her that none of them had her drums.

Her regular post man walks up to her house this afternoon lugging a 13.5 kg box, being the smaller of the 2 parcels but could not help her as to where the other one might be.

The main post office in Oshawa is fairly certain that it has been in a postal truck driving around since Monday, something they will check out tonight.

So here are my new questions:
1. Why does the tracking show delivery on Monday when the goods have never been delivered to her house or to her postal outlet at the Shoppers Drug Mart?

2. How is it that one box gets unloaded for her regular post man to lug to her house 3 days after both boxes were to be delivered?

3. Why would the other box remain on a truck since Monday driving all over the eastern Toronto suburbs for 3 days and the only record of its existence is the tracking that incorrectly reflects it is sitting at a Shoppers Drug Mart?

4. And Jeff, with the only exceptions being when I ship products to a PO box, all of my instruments have been delivered directly to people's personal homes using Express Post as many people comment on how they were left at their front door.

The only instances that I am familiar with an Express Post item going to a postal outlet is where a signature is required and no one is home OR if the goods come from out of country and their is money owing for taxes.

Malcolm

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
If a box is very a certain size the postal serive in the area will make a personal Call to have them picked up

We go threw this all the time with COD of 5 boxes . Canada post will ship the boxes the boxes arrive separate. The customer takes the first 4 boxes and declines the COD box

We Call Canada Post, they tell us to put COD charges on all 5 boxes

I tell them it's a 5.00 charge ..EACH BOX

The lady says on the phone . YES

I then tell the lady on the phone that you want me to break down an order by the items in each box? . Then charge the customer not by order but by the box . Basically spliting the packing slip into 5 packing slips .

The phone got quiet .....

She reply yes ......I tell her thanks and what she is stating is stupid and not proper business

So your comment above does not surprise me
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
Here is the closing chapter (I hope).

In the early evening, a few hours after box #1 is delivered, a CP Express Post drives up and delivers a large damaged box, being the 2nd of the 2 we shipped to the lady.

I say that I hope it is the closing chapter as the woman has to inspect all the contents to see if something inside was damaged or lost as the box looks like it travelled half way around the world.

One thing that this has proven to me is that CP is fixing the books. By that I mean they are indicating that something has been delivered when it hasnt. I will withhold payment for the Express Service and they will go to the tracking and tell me it was delivered on Monday according to their tracking information.

Except this time, if they refuse to credit my shipping charges, I am going to tell them that I may report them to the Ombudsman overseeing the Post Office as this is clearly fraud on their part.

I have 6 detailed emails from my customer spending a full day chasing down the shipment to support my claim.

If they tell me that they screwed up and give me a refund, I will pass it along to my customer.

Malcolm

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

muminlaw
Community Member
I'm still waiting to hear if they have an explanation for showing that the packages were delivered when they clearly were not! This is the part that is outrageous to me ... that is just not acceptable!!

Please excuse the overuse of exclamations points ... this has me furious!!!

Glenda

Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
Glenda
Not only does that part infuriate me, when I was told by the CP Cust Service rep this morning that delivery probably meant that it was delivered to a Shoppers Drug Mart well that does not sit well either.

I havent had much of a relationship with my CP account manager recently (5 months) because I am a $hit disturber so he has been avoiding me but this one is going to land on his desk tomorrow morning.

I swear to "you know who" if my CP account gets suspended, I am going to open the flood gates and set up a permanent office next to the Ombudsman and point out a ton of areas I believe things are not on the up and up.

You know we have caught them on this one. How many others are they falsifying the tracking information?

Malcolm

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
I am going to start a new thread as a result of this and call it "CP Tracking, Misleading its Customers" and people can share similar stories.

Malcolm
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

acurael
Community Member
"I wonder if this has anything to do with new housing divisions having the big mail boxes outside of their housing division and Canada Post wont do even Express Post delivery to their houses?"

We live in an area like this with the big mail boxes.

It bugs the heck outta me when I get the mail and there's a card in there... "sorry we missed you" it then directs you to a local postal outlet (drug store for us) to pick up the parcel/signature required letter/etc.

Sorry we missed you? Um, I live in that house over there, you know the one with the house number on it? I do not in this little box where you've left the card. They never attempt delivery at the house - just put the card in the large mail box and make me drive to get my stuff.

Maybe that's why I hate CP and don't do anymore business with them than I have to!

Wade
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
Wade
I have learned that she doesnt live in an area with a Super Box. The mail is delivered to her house so this is a really perplexing case as there is no rhyme nor reason nor logic for the items to be reflected as Delivered on Monday while they were not at the customers house nor at a postal outlet as of Wenesday afternoon.

I still think it is a postal worker, the Express Post driver, shooting for Christmas overtime and fudging that the parcels were delivered.

Malcolm

Message 11 of 11
latest reply