Can I Rant for A Bit - Stupid Buyers?!?

jakeeangel
Community Member
I get that everybody has an opinion. I get that, honest. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. But how does eBay expect us to deal with or counter or react to stupid people who just don't get it?

I got a negative today. Ya, ya, boo hoo for me.

I don't know what the heck I did wrong! I'd love to know. For several reason. So I can correct the bad behaviour, I mean, ultimately isn't that what eBay wants us to do? Isn't that the best approach to customer service? When someone brings something you do wrong to your attention you can analyze it and correct the offensive behaviour? I'd like to have been given the opportunity to right the alleged wrong through refund or sending another item.

I ship the pictures in a bubble envelope with cardboard and right DO NOT BEND on both sides.

In the neg all that's there is the sad face icon. " 😞 ". That's it. Nothing else. This guy didn't even email me saying anything at all. They bought, they paid and I shipped. WTH!!

He bought the thing, a stupid little $3 item by the way, on April 15th. I shipped on April 16th and he got the dum thing on April 19th. I don't get it! What on earth did I do wrong? Was it because it was *gasp* a free item that I sold. 😮 The horror - the horror!! LOL

I emailed him on April 16th thanking him for his purchase and payment.

I emailed him on April 16th when I bought postage for the item giving him the DC number from USPS.

I emailed him on April 18th after I left feedback for him, telling him I shipped it and thanking him again.

What on earth did I do wrong and how does eBay expect us to deal with that crap? Too bad so sad? They're allowed to have their opinion sure but don't whack me in the head with a 2 by 4 because of someone else's foolishness. I did everything I was supposed to and yet now I'm going to get the dreaded "You Suck" email from eBay and the drop in store, listing exposure, higher fees, PS status, TRS status, discounts etc.

I try not to whine but this really bothers me. How do you guys deal with this?
Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Can I Rant for A Bit?

Oh, GAWD, you've got to stop handing me lines like that!!:^O
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 2 of 34
latest reply

Likely, you didn't do anything wrong.

I have a suspicion that it may be board-related.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 3 of 34
latest reply

In two years since he registered on eBay, he left 27 feedback: 23 positive, 4 negative.

"How do you guys deal with this?"

A phone call could help make him understand the importance of proper communication.
Message 4 of 34
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
I did notice that. I hesitated in leaving him feedback but ended up doing it anyways. I'll try to give him a call. It's been hit and miss as far as eBay goes with getting phone numbers.

I don't know if they're not sending it or Rogers is eating the email before I get it but I don't always get my contact info requests.

I do know the buyer is a fat male, with severe body acne and body hair issues. Based on their buying history of course. ewwww LOL :^O
Message 5 of 34
latest reply

jakee, I wouldn't mention that on the phone.:-D

You've blocked him, of course.
Message 6 of 34
latest reply

" I wouldn't mention that on the phone"

Anyone who has had the pleasure and privilege of meeting jakee in person knows she usually speaks her mind very clearly and loudly. She does NOT hold back! 😉
Message 7 of 34
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
Why thank you Pierre. How kind of you to say. 🙂 I've enjoyed meeting you as well. I was just saying to Pukmis that one of the things I like best about going to eBay events is seeing my eBay friends in person for the first time or again since the last time.

And while I do speak my mind, I wouldn't ever consider bringing up my buyers previous purchases. It has no bearing on their transaction with me.

I was just trying to have a laugh at something while feeling crummy and I found that his buying habits were faily amusing and made me laugh.
Message 8 of 34
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
I just heard back from my idiot buyer. This guy is definately playing games. Why, I have no idea. He sent me an email saying I sent him a picture of "some ugly picture of a male and female ive never seen before CERTAINLY not rebecca herbst"

I just don't do that. I packed the thing myself and I know what I sent. I called the guy back and he hung up on me then refuses to answer the phone.

Can anything be done or is it just tough nuggies for me and it's ok for buyers to just leave negs frivolously because they can?
Message 9 of 34
latest reply

Personal view is that you likely can't change the fact that you got a negative, however you are able to reply, and if you reply professionally that helps. Personally I would add something saying that this was the first I heard of the issue and I try to rectify all issues (condensed to fit in the character limit).

When I'm buying what I look for is if the seller had negatives and then I look to see what they said. How they react to a problem situation tells me a lot about how they do business. If I see a positive and professional response I expect this is a good seller.

There's all kinds of people in the world which means we'll encounter them when we're selling. Problems like this bugs us all but it is part of the "job" we have of selling on eBay.

Spend the frustration time listing more stuff so you can find more great buyers!
Message 10 of 34
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
Thanks Ricarmic. I appreciate the kind words. It helps. I try to refocus and concentrate on my good buyers but it was really P'ing me off. The guy's done that to other people too.

He negs them just because he can and then lies to the sellers about it when they question him.

Thanks eBay! fffttt

It's good to know that we're alone, vulnerable and defenceless against 'buyers' like this and then have to face punishment from the jury that conducted the Salem Witch Trials. Yay 😉
Message 11 of 34
latest reply

At a certain point, he can dance all he wants and he'll still be blocked.

4 negs on the first page would be enough for me, no matter what the excuse.
Message 12 of 34
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Hi jakeeangel,

I know it's been a rough day for you. This negative is not warranted in any way, shape or form.

I'm curious.....doesn't eBay require that buyers contact sellers first before leaving a negative?

Once again....buyers rule and we, as sellers, don't seem to have any control of our own business.

I'm sending BIG HUGS from rainy Fairy Glen.

Have a diet coke on me!
Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 13 of 34
latest reply

It's suggested, not a requirement.
Message 14 of 34
latest reply

I guess the acne remover didn't work for the fat hairy guy! He has it for sale at less than he paid for it. He is also using the original seller's photo and text.

It seems that most neg's are received from buyers on a power trip. I had one leave me 2 neg's on another id just because 2 buyers had just left her a neg and she felt the need to take it out on me.
Message 15 of 34
latest reply

I do know the buyer is a fat male, with severe body acne and body hair issues. Based on their buying history of course. ewwww LOL :^O

Sounds like this guy has bad mojo. Maybe you should sick "mini-me" on the "Fat Bastard"....lol!
Message 16 of 34
latest reply

I guess the acne remover didn't work for the fat hairy guy! He has it for sale at less than he paid for it. He is also using the original seller's photo and text.

It seems that most neg's are received from buyers on a power trip. I had one leave me 2 neg's on another id just because 2 buyers had just left her a neg and she felt the need to take it out on me.

Well, there's a feedback abuse removal case if I ever heard one.
Message 17 of 34
latest reply

You may try to file slander case for several thousand in lost business and your time. However, it will cost you at least $75 for filing + courier delivery, he will probably not expect that coming, so courier should work as proof of delivery.

In better case, the guy will get scared of going to court and will revise and it will cost you initial cost plus some time. In worse case the guy will shell out $300 for a paralegal and when you meet his paralegal in courtroom, you will be so tired of the stupid case, that you will agree to drop the charges earning the paralegal $300 for close to no work, costing the twerp much more than you.

So you taught one fat guy with acne a lesson, was it worth it? What about all the other fat guys with acne?

It's just a neg, everybody has one or two and if not, it's coming to them.

All my negs were for tiny transactions, usually customers spending $1 are much nastier and more demanding than those spending $100. The $1 spender always searches by price, make sure there is someone selling your item cheaper than you are, saves you lots of headaches.
Message 18 of 34
latest reply

courier should work as proof of delivery.

First, I'll anticipate jakee - this isn't worth a slander suit.

Secondly, last time I heard, there was caselaw to the effect that serving by courier is the same a s mailing - notice is considered to be given 7 days after you sent it.
Message 19 of 34
latest reply

make sure there is someone selling your item cheaper than you are, saves you lots of headaches.

That's a really interesting strategy - I'll have to remember that. The low-baller siphons off the bottom-feeders.
Message 20 of 34
latest reply