Can I change shipping exclusions after sale???

I recently had an incident where a buyer has a PO Box as their eBay/PayPal shipping address. This address has to be used in order for both me (the seller) and him (the buyer) to be covered with PayPal/eBay policies. However, on my Buy-It-Now Listing, I had set an exclusion against PO Box. He was somehow able to purchase the item, but is unable to pay because of the exclusion/restriction. How can I fix this ASAP??? HELP!

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Can I change shipping exclusions after sale???

Why exclude one of the safest addresses for shipping?

This whole PO box thing started in the USA where many sellers use UPS or other couriers because the couriers pickup at the house, give full tracking and insurance and deliver everywhere for about the same cost as USPS.

Couriers are not allowed to ship to PO boxes, since the owner of the box cannot sign for the parcel. The PO clerk can't and won't.

But

If a parcel is shipped to a house -- well it might actually be a supermailbox or an apartment - and the parcel could be picked up by anyone who has access to the porch or mailroom. Or the buyer has to make a special trip to the PO with his Notice to get the parcel. This causes delays.

There is NO eBay/Paypal policy against the use of PO box addresses. PO boxes are MORE secure than street addresses, since the owner has to claim and sign for his parcels when he goes to his box.

I'm amazed you could put in the exclusion. Remove it, get paid, ship.

If you really have your knickers in a twist about this, you can use a Delivery Confirmed service like Expedited Parcel or ExpressPost or Tracked Parcel. Cross-check to see which service is cheapest for the dimensions of your parcel.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply