Can I direct a listing to one particular buyer??

alero0
Community Member
I had a request on one of my listings for an item that I carry but don't usually list on ebay. I quoted this buyer a price and told him I'd send him a Paypal Money Request. He asked me if he could buy it through ebay in order to be able to exchange FB. Is it possible to sell through ebay without listing the item. I only have one of these items in stock and by listing it he might miss out on it if someone else sees it first.

Harvey
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You used to be able to set up a buy-it-now and allow only named buyers to make the purchase, but ebay removed that option recently.

I've done it with store items, using the buyers ID as the title and giving only brief details in the description to discourage other buyers. Not foolproof, though.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

unless you have 100's of people drowsing your site evey minute the chances are slim to none that someone else will buy the item before your client does.

setup the auction and give him/her a ruff timeframe to be online and bid on it.

Sychronization is the key 🙂

TIM @ FTL
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

scouttech-outfitters
Community Member
Yeah, you really gotta watch out for silly people that are on there to cause some drama...

When I was at the eBay Live conference, an eBay member set up a test account the mentions "tester do not bid" in the title and auction and someone still chose to bid...LoL
Message 4 of 4
latest reply