Can I sell a vintage BB Gun on eBay?

alexxdixon2012
Community Member

I recently discovered a vintage Healthways Plainsman .175 BB Gun while cleaning my home for a yard sale. I was unsure of it's value so I kept it and researched. I read that it can be worth up to 150$ with it's box and papers. I was wondering if it was legal to sell BB guns on eBay, and if not, is there anywhere else you could?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

scifan57
Community Member
BB guns are not allowed to be sold on eBay. They fall under the provisions of the prohibited items policy. Here's the relevant section of the policy. Check out the BB gun section.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hello 'alexxdixon',

It is very difficult to sell any type of gun-like thing on ebay, - unless it looks pretty much like a Lego toy.  Have a look at the above link, you'll see BBs are a definite no-no.

As to where else, - is a garage sale an option?  Local Classifieds?  If you are wondering, why not give your local constabulary a call at their regular phone number and ask if it is okay for you to sell it in your municipality.  I'm sure it will be fine, but the phone call is free and then you will know for sure.  You can then call the Classifieds department of your town paper and see if you can list it with them.  That call is also free.  If nothing else, you'll know where all the boundaries are, even if you find the gun impossible to 'unload'. 😄

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I'd go for Craigslist or Kijiji - especially if you live in or near a major town or city.

If not you can list in the nearest town or city, just be clear about your own location and offer to ship (use Expedited).

CL and KJJ are free and have wide local readership. You can demand cash or Money Order in payment (no personal cheques).  Set your price and put up the listing for a week every second week until it sells. NO FEES.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply