Can a buyer leave feedback for me if I cancel their bid?

Hello again,

Just what the question asked.  Less than 2 hours away from the auction ending, the current winning bidder wrote me to ask if I could 'do better' on shipping because it was 'eight times' what it would cost in the 'States.

This is probably true; but Canada Post is more expensive and I also refuse to ship without a tracking number - both points I made clear in my auction.

I have a gut feeling this might be an issue.  Can I cancel his bid, and if I do, can he leave negative feedback?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

No he/she cannot leave feedback because they would not be the winner of your auction.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I would put him/her on my blocked bidders list just to be on the safe side so they can't bid on any of your other auctions.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

No he/she cannot leave feedback because they would not be the winner of your auction.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I appreciate the response.

I don't know if I'm being premature, but I don't feel like it.  This has been the 'lead' bidder for 2 days, and he waited 'til 1h 40m to complain about shipping cost.  I'd rather get less money for it from another winner than a negative feedback for something I can't specifically control.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I would put him/her on my blocked bidders list just to be on the safe side so they can't bid on any of your other auctions.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I did, for sure.

I'm so paranoid as a seller - it's actually almost not fun at all anymore.  I work very hard to make sure I have multiple close-up photos, and an accurate description, as well as cautioning buyers about tracking number / increased cost thanks to USPS and I still feel like there are buyers out there just waiting to con me.  I truly wish there were another way to sell.

Thanks for your help.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply