Can a seller change the listed shipping price after the buyer has paid for item?

vampydiva
Community Member

I would like to know if a seller is allowed to ask for more money for   shipping costs after I have won an auction and have paid for it. 

I won a handbag at $32.00 and there were three shipping options available, with approximately $11.00 being the highest cost listed.  I paid immediately after winning the item, and I received a message today from the seller saying that shipping will be "25-ish".  Then the seller asked that I pay more for shipping through paypal.  It sounds to me like he or she will not ship my bag until I pay more. 

This seems really unfair to me, to ask for $14.00 more for shipping when there were three very clearly listed shipping costs on the listing.

Is this type of misrepresentation allowed on Ebay?  I am not happy with this situation.  

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Can a seller change the listed shipping price after the buyer has paid for item?

Hi  .. Seller cannot ask for more than stated in listing.

Forward this link and refer to terms and conditions..

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/selling-practices.html

Ask that they ship your item or refund payment.

If refunded , can leave appropriate feedback and low stars. 1 is lowest.

Claims must be filed for non receipt within 45 days of payment.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Did the seller have $11 listed as the cost of shipping to Canada?

If not, she is within her rights to cover her costs and by bidding without a firm quote ( Not $25ish but $24. 73 being firm) you agreed to go along with that.

You can ask for a Mutual Cancellation. If you agree, both can leave feedback and she gets her selling fee back. If you refuse, both can leave feedback and she does not get her fee back and she cannot open an Unpaid Item Dispute.

You have 60 days to leave feedback and the more important Detailed Seller Ratings.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply