Can i don't buy the item that i won at the bid in case I change my mind?

vonmeglyn
Community Member

If i change my mind, and don't want the item i won at the bid, can I just skip it? is there any penalty?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

scifan57
Community Member
No,you can't just skip it and refuse to pay. Yu are supposed to pay for everything you buy on eBay. The consequences of not paying are having the seller open an unpaid item dispute against you. If you still refuse to pay,you will gat an unpaid item strike. Two or more strikes in the previous 13 months will have you on the blocked bidder lists of thousands of eBay sellers who don't want to deal with a buyer who won't pay. All you can do Is contact the seller and explain why you no longer want the item. They can offer you a mutual cancelation request but are not required to do so. eBay is not a game and you sould not commit to a purchase unless you are fully prepared to pay for it.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hi ..No you cannot just ignore. Seller can file an unpaid dispute and unpaid , can close and eBay strikes your account. 2 strikes and your ability to bid/buy is toast for 12 months.

If there are doubts they must be resolved prior to committing to purchase.

Can contact seller and request a mutual cancellation. Seller does not have to agree but many will. Accept when eBay asks.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

There is a Watch This Item button. If you are not sure of your decision, click on that and come back to the item when you are sure.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply