Can i still sell stuff on ebay without using paypal?

I dont want to use paypal.  I refuse to give them any of my buisiness.  Can i still sell stuff on ebay without using paypal?  How?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

There are alternate services available and approved by eBay.

However, most customers are wary of them.

We had a retail B&M shop for over 30 years with full Visa/MC service, but most of our eBay customers, and many of our website customers,  preferred to use PP rather than give us their credit card numbers.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I felt the same way for the first few years I was selling, when Paypal was not mandatory. I had a lot of potential buyers asking why I did not use it, and lost a lot of sales because of my refusal to use it.  Eventually I gave up, and calculated the fee's I would be paying Paypal into my starting price and just raised the price of everything I was selling by a buck or two. My sales increased instantly, and the ease and speed of receiving payments make it worthwhile. Don't get me wrong, I still do not love Paypal, but it has increased my sales and ease of doing business. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@crystalsexxx wrote:

I dont want to use paypal.  I refuse to give them any of my business.  Can i still sell stuff on ebay without using paypal?  How?

When using the advanced selling form:

Go to the Select how you'll be paid section.

Click on the link beside the title on Add or remove options

and you can enable any of 3 accepted payment methods: paypal / credit card / pay on pickup

-.-

I remember the days of money orders and cheques, when shipping by international surface (ocean) with 5-10 week delivery was an acceptable option. But times change.

If you don't accept paypal, then many potential customers will back away. They will think paypal turned you down, not that you turned down paypal. Plus many prefer paypal buyer protections over that of their credit card.

-.-

Message 4 of 4
latest reply