Can seller change ad and if so, how can I tell?

Made a bid on an item, uped the bid, reread the ad, and I swear its description has changed.  Can the seller change their ad after bids are in, and if so, how does the seller know?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Take a look at the restrictions concerning sellers revising a listing:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/revising_restrictions.html

As you can see, a seller can make some addition to an auction listing when bids have already been placed.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I believe the seller changed the description.  Is there any way for me to know or prove that?  I didn't find the info in the link provided.   (now for future referrence, I got outbid).

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

The description cannot be changed as such is a bid had already been placed.  Seller can only add information.

What was the listing number?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

They did add info, basically it started with that the item was in good working order, then added that it might not actually do the job for which it was intended. I'll get back with the item number.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

You can also ask the seller to Cancel your bid or there are limited (too limited in my opinion) reasons for you to Retract your bid.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I don't think that is the right listing numer as it isn't an auction.

To see when revisions were made scroll down to the Descriptiom/shipping tabs. Just below the tabs you will see a link to view all revisions.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply