Can't contact with ebay custom

che4712
Community Member

I bought a charger from ebay recently.  I paid as a guest and when I tried to track my order it says "ERROR - DEPRECATED_GUEST_ORDER_DETAILS". Also when I tried to contact with eBay custom I have to log in and it says "We couldn't find any items that you recently purchased." even I used Transaction Id, it also can't find anything. When I contact with the seller, they can't find this order. They let me to open a case which I can't do.

I really need some help.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Did you use paypal? If so, go to your paypal account and open your Resolution Centre Claim that way. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Here are some suggestions from the help pages...

If you buy an item as a guest:

• You can only see your order details, including tracking details, by using the link in the confirmation email
  • You can’t report a problem unless you upgrade to a registered eBay account from the order details page

You can upgrade from a guest user to a registered eBay account by following these steps:

1. If you’re signed in to eBay, sign out to avoid any error messages.
  2. Find your eBay guest order confirmation email—the subject line starts with “Guest Order.”
  3. Select View order details in the email.
  4. Enter your email address and access code to sign in as a guest user.
  5. Select Leave feedback or Sell this item on the Order details page. You won’t have to complete either action, but it’ll allow you to register for an eBay account.
  6. Enter an email address, create a password, and then select Register. If you use an email already linked with an account, you’ll need to start the process again with another email.

Once you confirm your account, the item you bought as a guest user will show up in your eBay purchase history.

MORE INFO....

If you paid with Paypal as a guest and you want to open an item not received claim with Paypal

If your payment was processed by PayPal, your order is covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee and PayPal Purchase Protection. However, if you have an issue and need to open a case, you’ll need to sign up for a PayPal account and use the same email and credit or debit card so you can view your PayPal guest purchases. 

If you receive an error, it may be because your credit or debit card is already linked to an account. For your security, a card can only be linked to one PayPal account. You’ll need to log in to the associated PayPal account or choose another card.

For more help setting up or accessing your PayPal account, contact PayPal.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

and when I tried to track my order

On a $10 item shipped from China, I doubt there is any tracking.

Tracking is expensive.

If it does not arrive by June 17 (mentioned in your link) go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open an Item Not Received Dispute.

It would be polite to contact the seller and ask for the date of shipping, the service used and the tracking number, but don't get hung up there.

His response should be a refund.

Do NOT accept an offer of a replacement. It won't arrive.

When you escalate the Dispute to a Claim the seller either proves delivery or you are refunded.

Don't bother with eBay's Customer Service. They know no more than you do, and will just waste your time. The robots who run the Resolution Centre are very efficient.

But come back to this thread if you are having problems.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply