Can't upgrade my store on eBay.ca due to Below standard on eBay.com?

kingstonsportscards
Community Member

Perhaps someone can enlighten me, because the 3 hours on 2 separate days with customer service has been completely pointless no matter how many time I repeat myself. Its a long story but if someone could tell me if it makes sense it would be appreciated.

I used to sell primarily on eBay.com and originally had my account registered in the US because I was there. When I started selling from Canada I forgot to change my registration address to a Canadian one. So around my May evaluation due to the impatience of some buyers of comic books from the US my Shipping time fell below the minimum standards placing me below standard in the US and on eBay.com.

Around the same time was when the passwords had to be changed and I noticed that my registration was still in the US so I changed my address to my Canadian address.

Since I was doing my selling from Canada I figured I'd use the eBay.ca site instead since globally I was an Above Standard seller according to the requirements for selling on eBay.ca, unlike the US site where I was Below Standard because it only takes into account your transactions with other Americans.

As I had a fair bit to list I decided to save on fees I'd open a Premium level store. However for some reason eBay.ca claimed I was Below Standard even though my Seller Dashboard said otherwise. Not too worried about it I just opened a Basic store to start.

Then with the new 5K free listings promotion I figured great I wouldn't have to upgrade my store and could list a bunch of stuff, but I wasn't showing up as eligible on the promotional offers through eBay.ca and still wasn't able to upgrade past a basic store.

So I called customer service and after nearly 2 hours figured that because any appeal would take the same time or longer then waiting for the next evaluation to roll around, which in theory might adjust things properly, I decided to wait it out.

This months evaluation rolled around and again for selling on eBay.ca I am still listed as Above Standard. On eBay.com I am still Below Standard. I'm still not eligibile for the promotion nor to upgrade my account past a Basic store on eBay.ca becuasse I faile= to meet the minimum standards, aparently Above Standard isn't high enough?

So expecting it to go poorly I called Customer Service again and haven't managed to get anything resolved yet after talking to 3 different people for over and hour and having a rep insist that they think the requirements for selling on eBay.ca are the same as selling on eBay.com. I'm currently waiting for a supervisor to call me back.

So the condensed version is that my eBay.com Below Standard rating is affecting my ability to do things on eBay.ca even though I'm an Above Standard seller on eBay.ca. Any one able to help me on this?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Can't upgrade my store on eBay.ca due to Below standard on eBay.com?

You are listing on .ca and shipping to the U.S. so your listings are also showing on .com. Perhaps that is why the below standard rating takes preference?

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Can't upgrade my store on eBay.ca due to Below standard on eBay.com?