Can the seller decide to not ship in Canada while the bidding is still on?

Sorry if my english isn't perfect.

I saw many items from a seller from California who are very interesting to me. I bid and watched many of them. It's on eBay Canada and i always check the shipping prices because it can really rise the final price a lot. The shipping prices was low but reasonable. 

Today, i watch all the items and my bid again and instead of the shipping prices i see the new mention «Does not ship to Canada» added to almost all the items of this seller (only one didn't get it). I'm sure it's not a mistake from me because :

-the items are available on eBay Canada

-All other shipping informations say they are available to Canada

-I always check the shipping prices

So, can the seller really have the option to modify this shipping option while the bids are on?

And what can i do with my active bid?

I already have send an e-mail to the seller and hoping for a peaceful resolution. But i still want to know if the sellers can change information like that while the bids are active?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can the seller decide to not ship in Canada while the bidding is still on?

New devellopment.
I checked this item again and the shipping to Canada is available again for the item i bid. The seller probably have made a correction after my email. The items i only watching have now the mention"may not ship to Canada" instead.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

The seller shouldn't be able to change anything in the shipping area once there is a bid on the item. What is the item number?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

The new addition is the red mention.
Thanks for your help!
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

New devellopment.
I checked this item again and the shipping to Canada is available again for the item i bid. The seller probably have made a correction after my email. The items i only watching have now the mention"may not ship to Canada" instead.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I wonder if the seller realizes that their listing was opted into the global shipping program. At the bottom of their listings it states:

On Mar-15-14 at 07:40:27 PDT, seller added the following information:

Sales to Continental United States only, no International shipping.

This is odd...When I searched with the item number and opened the listing, I saw the above statement. But if I go to view sellers other listings and then go back into that listing, that statement doesn't show up.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I tried the same thing and that item does not show as being for sale at all. Despite the GSP status.

According to the usual wacky exclusion list, UK is both included and excluded. That is probably why I don;t see the item.

Shipping to: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Denmark, Romania, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Finland, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Estonia, Australia, Greece, Portugal, Cyprus, Slovenia, Japan, China, Sweden, Korea, South, Indonesia, Taiwan, South Africa, Thailand, Belgium, France, Hong Kong, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Israel, Mexico, New Zealand, Singapore

Excludes: US Protectorates, APO/FPO, New Zealand, Fiji, Papua New Guinea, Guadeloupe, Marshall Islands, Wallis and Futuna, Gambia, Malaysia, Mayotte, Taiwan, Poland, Suriname, Oman, Kenya, United Arab Emirates, Argentina, Middle East, Guinea-Bissau, Togo, Senegal, Armenia, Bhutan, Uzbekistan, Ireland, Qatar, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), Netherlands, Burundi, Slovakia, Iraq, Equatorial Guinea, Slovenia, Thailand, Aruba, American Samoa, Sweden, Iceland, Macedonia, Liechtenstein, Israel, Kuwait, Belgium, Algeria, Benin, Russian Federation, Oceania, Antigua and Barbuda, Italy, Swaziland, Pakistan, Tanzania, Ukraine, Singapore, Panama, Burkina Faso, Jersey, Kyrgyzstan, Switzerland, Reunion, Djibouti, Chile, Puerto Rico, China, Mali, Croatia, Republic of, Botswana, Cambodia, Portugal, Indonesia, Malta, Tajikistan, Vietnam, Paraguay, Cayman Islands, Saint Helena, Cyprus, Rwanda, Seychelles, Australia, Bangladesh, Austria, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe, Gabon Republic, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Côte d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Norway, Kiribati, Turkmenistan, Greece, Grenada, Haiti, Greenland, Yemen, Afghanistan, Montenegro, Africa, Mongolia, Nepal, Bahrain, Bahamas, Asia, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, United Kingdom, Dominica, Hungary, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Angola, South America, Southeast Asia, Western Samoa, France, Mozambique, Namibia, Peru, Central America and Caribbean, Guatemala, Denmark, Vatican City State, Solomon Islands, Sierra Leone, Nauru, French Guiana, Anguilla, El Salvador, Guam, Micronesia, Dominican Republic, Cameroon, Guyana, Azerbaijan Republic, Macau, Georgia, Tonga, New Caledonia, San Marino, Eritrea, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Morocco, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Belarus, Europe, Mauritania, Belize, Philippines, Uruguay, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Western Sahara, Congo, Republic of the, French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Colombia, Comoros, Spain, Estonia, Bermuda, Montserrat, Korea, South, Zambia, Somalia, Vanuatu, Ecuador, Albania, Monaco, Guernsey, Ethiopia, Laos, Niger, Venezuela, Ghana, Cape Verde Islands, Martinique, Moldova, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Madagascar, Lebanon, Liberia, Bolivia, Maldives, Gibraltar, Libya, Hong Kong, Central African Republic, Lesotho, Nigeria, Saint Lucia, Mauritius, Guinea, Jordan, British Virgin Islands, Turks and Caicos Islands, Chad, Andorra, Romania, Costa Rica, India, Mexico, Serbia, Kazakhstan, Netherlands Antilles, Saudi Arabia, Japan, Lithuania, Trinidad and Tobago, Palau, Malawi, Nicaragua, Finland, Tunisia, Luxembourg, Uganda, Brazil, Turkey, Barbados, Germany, Tuvalu, Jamaica, Latvia, Egypt, Niue, Honduras, Brunei Darussalam, Virgin Islands (U.S.), South Africa, PO Box

The seller is clearly clueless, but at least the world is protected from kitsch.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply